Morning! I didn’t take many photos this weekend, so instead of a full weekend recap I’ll just share some pictures from yesterday’s hike!
My brother is back in town briefly before heading off to grad school; he spent the last month doing a through-hike of the Colorado Trail. So cool. Luckily he has had a few days to recover so he was up for a short hike with us, the dogs, and a couple of friends!
We hit up our usual Potomac overlook trail and took our time out there. It was a nice morning – not quite as humid! It got really hot again here last week so that was a nice change.
We did a nice and casual pace; about 4 miles round trip I think. I was happy my lower back/hip weren’t hurting at all – yay! It’s hurting again today though… boo. Trying to rock my standing desk most of the day… I think it got irritated by sitting for a few hours at dinner last night.
Post-hike we all headed to Cassatt’s Kiwi Café for brunch. Their mushroom, egg, and cheese quesadilla is sooooo good.
Aaaaand those are all the pictures I took this weekend! Wait, one more – I got in a nice swim on Saturday. Feels really good to get in the water right now! I’ve been wearing my normal pre-pregnancy speedo still but it’s getting pretty tight and I don’t want to stretch it out a ton so I finally bought a maternity swimsuit online this morning! There was a woman in the locker room wearing an EQ maternity swimsuit she said she really liked, so I bought one of those. Hopefully it fits well and lasts me for the third trimester!
Who is planning to check out the solar eclipse today?! It’s getting a bit cloudy and looking like it might storm this afternoon, so I’m not sure how good the views in DC will be, but we’ll see! Exciting stuff. 🙂
I will leave you with some link love from around the web. Have a great day!
- Healthy Meals to Make for Others – recipe ideas for what to bring to friends/family in need (new parents, those experiencing a loss or going through a tough time, etc.)
- Easy Recipes for Summer Potlucks – guest post c/o yours truly!
- Hamilton-inspired Total Body Workout – this is so fun
- 7 Tips for Talking to Kids About Race Discrimination – excellent, important post – I already purchased some of the books they recommend for our future daughter’s library
- Heirloom Tomato, Beet, and Zucchini Salad with Basil Vinaigrette – this sounds phenomenal and so summery
- What to Do When You See Something on Your Body You Want to Change – love this body positive message and the idea of your body as a paintbrush! <3