These are delicious and very nutritious! They are not made with any butter or oil but stay nice and moist thanks to the bananas, milk, and yogurt. The spelt flour makes them nice and doughy, too.
(makes 12 muffins)
- 2 C spelt flour
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C finely ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 C skim milk
- 1/2 C plain (or vanilla) nonfat Greek yogurt
- Optional add ins: 1/2 C each of: walnuts, raisins, blueberries, dark chocolate chips, etc.!
1. Preheat oven to 300 (spelt bakes more quickly than regular flour!).
2. In two large bowls, separately mix dry (flour, sugar, flax, cinnamon, baking powder/soda, salt) and wet (bananas, milk, yogurt, add-ins) ingredients.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring until mixed.
4. Spoon into a cooking-sprayed or nonstick muffin pan. Top each muffin with a sprinkle of raw oats so they look pretty
5. Pop them in the oven! Bake for 20 to 25 minutes — fork check to make sure they are done.
For more information on spelt and lots more photos, click here to check out my original post!