These Healthy Mashed Potatoes taste like normal mashed potatoes, but the nutrition is amped up with cauliflower and beans! This fiber and protein-packed recipe is perfect anytime — whether for a big holiday dinner party or a quick weeknight meal – and no one will taste the difference.
This recipe comes together quickly – simply boil the potatoes and cauliflower, then blend with the white beans and some spices!
Serve warm and enjoy. You can make this a day ahead and simply reheat and serve the day of to save time and kitchen space, too.
Healthy Mashed Potatoes
(Serves 6 to 8 as a side)
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 4 medium/large potatoes, or an equal amount smaller sized
- Fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 15 oz. can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
1) Slice potatoes into small pieces, chop cauliflower. Put in a large pot full of boiling water; add in a couple sprigs fresh (or a few shakes dry) rosemary and a pinch of salt and pepper. Boil until soft.
2) Drain potatoes and cauliflower; let cool for a few minutes. In a large bowl, use an immersion blender (or mash by hand, or use a blender) to blend together potatoes, cauliflower, and beans.
3) Add the garlic powder, a few more shakes of dried rosemary, salt and pepper to taste. Mix and enjoy! Serve warm.