This recipe is quick, tasty, and nutritious. Everyone wins :)
- Half of a butternut squash
- 1/3 C brown rice (cooked — I used the 90 second kind!)
- 1/2 C beans, rinsed and drained (I used garbanzo)
- Chopped veggies (I used tomato, green pepper, zucchini, and a handful of fresh spinach)
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- Olive oil
- Chili powder & coriander
- Tomato sauce (optional)
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Cut a butternut squash in half. Place half of it on a plate, inside down, and pop it in the microwave for about 8 minutes.
While the squash is cooking, sautÃ© the garlic, a drizzle of olive oil, and the chopped veggies in a pan.
After a minute or two, add in the beans and rice, and however much of the chili powder and coriander spices you want to use.
Mix it all around in the pan a couple times until it’s warmed through.
Throw it all on top of your cooked butternut squash…
And then top with tomato sauce and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, if desired (though I don’t know why you wouldn’t desire such things ).