We’re getting into the crazy busy and travel-packed holiday season, so I figure now is the perfect time to share one of my new favorites: this Savory Curry Granola Bar Recipe. It’s no bake and gluten free (if you use gf certified oats and brown rice cereal), too!
I love granola bars, but I’ve been getting a bit tired of the same old sweet oatmeal/granola bars lately. My savory honey mustard granola bars are a favorite, but it was time to try something new and even more creative. Enter: a curry granola bar! If you’re looking to mix it up too, you’ll love these – so unique and packed with flavor. The perfect portable energy bar!
Curry powder in a granola bar?! I know, it sounds weird, but I promise it’s really good. The curry pairs perfectly with the rest of the salty and sweet ingredients, like peanut butter, coconut, and dried mango!
Like many of my other bar recipes, these are no bake (see also the most popular recipe on my blog: 5 Minute No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars) and come together quickly. Mix dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls, then combine! Boom.
If you’re having trouble getting the PB/honey mixture to blend, you can heat it for about a minute on low in the microwave to soften it up before adding it to the dry ingredients.
Then, press into a pan, refrigerate for about an hour to harden them up, and slice into bars!
These bars are packed with nutrition and sure to keep you satisfied. Lots of healthy fat and some protein from all the nuts, and fiber from the oats and fruit! Here’s the recipe – I hope you love them, too. Happy snacking! These also make a great fast on-the-go breakfast. :)
Savory Curry Granola BarsbyPrep Time: 10 minutes6075635
Ingredients (8 to 12 bars)
- 2 cups puffed brown rice cereal
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup chopped dried mango (unsweetened)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch black pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- In a large bowl, mix together the cereal, oats, coconut, cashews, pistachios, dried mango, salt, curry powder, ginger, and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the honey and peanut butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pack the mixture into a greased 8×8 or 9×13 pan. Refrigerate for at least one hour, then cut into bars.Powered by Recipage
Want more easy no bake recipes? Here are some faves not already mentioned in this post: