Hey friends! I’m glad many of you enjoyed my 10 year blogging anniversary trip down memory lane/Q&A blog post! I had fun writing that and reminiscing… it’s hard to believe it has been so long but it also feels like a bazillion years ago when I had just started my blog and was writing those early posts! Lots has changed since then. 🙂
Anyway – I don’t know if it’s the cooler weather or what, but I’ve been feeling energized over here! I had another great run early on Monday morning – this time with my buddy Sokphal.
Funny story: the above photo was taken by a young Asian tourist who spoke very little English and was extremely confused by what we were trying to do. Luckily he eventually nailed it and all of us were really excited. 😉
Anyway – we started early in hopes of catching an awesome sunrise, but it was mostly cloudy… oh well! Still beautiful.
We kept it casual and did 3 miles as usual, but I felt way better than I have on our other recent runs, which was evident in our pace as well. Slowly inching that pace per mile back down again!
I had a fun workout date with my buddy Chelsea earlier this week, too, here in Del Ray – I’m loving the Mind the Mat pilates boot camp class. Super tough but in a good way. 🙂
Chelsea didn’t get the memo that everyone wears shoes for the class since it’s a lot of boot camp stuff – whoops!
As for the food this week, one of the highlights was making my Easiest Baked Salmon recipe on Monday night – my mom came over for dinner with me and Riese since Matt was out playing soccer.
We had it with an orzo, broccoli, sun dried tomato, pine nut, and pesto concoction with some goat cheese. Riese really liked it!
Another food highlight was shrimp tacos with slaw; Riese got a mini rolled up tortilla with some guac and cut up pieces of shrimp – she loved the tortilla and guac and left the shrimp.
And now, I will leave you with some Halloween photos – our new town, Del Ray, apparently goes all out for Halloween because really elaborate Halloween decorations are popping up all over the place! Riese and I have been admiring them on our dog walks every morning.
This one takes the cake – soooo creepy:
Although this house is crushing it, too.
Apparently Matt and I need to step up our game!
Do you decorate for Halloween? Matt and I used to before Riese was born – we did a little “graveyard” with tomb stones, cobwebs on the porch, a creepy looking lit up figure in the window, etc. – but the past few years we’ve been a little lazy. Must get back into the spirit of it!
Link love from around the web:
- I absolutely loved the recent Ali on the Run Show podcast episode interviewing my friend Janae who just ran a 2:49 (!!) marathon – it left me feeling super inspired! Give it a listen 🙂
- Avocado Deviled Eggs – I’m obsessed with deviled eggs and these sound amaaazing
- These Cheddar Stuffed Turkey Zucchini Meatballs also sound so good
- My grad school friend Elle has started a new blog called Modern Minimalism – I’m enjoying it and the de-cluttering tips
- This post from fellow RD Jenna about the Enneagram test and how it potentially relates to nutrition was interesting – help her out with her research by taking the survey in the post!