Today has kind of gotten away from me – how is it already after 4?! On the fitness front, I began my day with a nice morning swim. I got a new swimsuit from my family as an early birthday present – can you tell I enjoy blue? 😉
They also gave me a new pair of goggles – the Speedo Vanquisher 2.0, per so many of your recommendations! I asked awhile ago for tips on finding goggles that are good for narrow nose bridges, and a lot of you recommended these. You were right – they are great! Way less fog-tastic than my old goggles, too, which is also nice. Thanks for the advice! 🙂
I had a piece of toast with nut butter before the swim, and after I made myself a quick smoothie – my standard Banana & Spinach Smoothie (<—click for recipe) with the addition of some wild blueberries and ground flaxseed.
Hit the spot!
For lunch today, I headed out on the town! I don’t go out to lunch often during the week so it’s always a fun treat when I do. I biked over to South Block Cafe in Clarendon to meet my friend Megan. Speaking of biking – I picked up this awesome hot pink bike on Craigslist a couple weeks ago for $160. Perfect for getting around town! I named her “Pinky.” 🙂 I used to sometimes take my nice road bike out and about if I wasn’t going to have easy access to BikeShare, but it made me nervous to leave it at the metro for hours on end. This is the perfect solution! I also picked up a good “U lock” – much harder to cut this in half than the old lock I had.
Anyway – hi Megan! Some of you might recognize her from her former blog, MegaNerd Runs. 🙂
BBQ chicken burrito the size of my head? Don’t mind if I do.
Chicken + BBQ sauce + spinach + various grains + tomato + cheese. SO good. I ate about 3/4 and saved the rest for later!
Time to finish up a couple more hours of work and then call it a day and start the weekend! I’m especially pumped because my birthday is on Sunday. 🙂 We’re having a bunch of friends over for a BBQ tomorrow to celebrate!
Have a great weekend, everyone! Zara says “meow” – actually, she says “don’t bother me, I’m very busy hunting an invisible threat.” Lol.
- If you’re looking for some running inspiration, Jason created a cool (and free!) inspiring quotes e-book sharing what his readers love most about running. It’s beautiful! And made me want to put on my running shoes and get out the door immediately. 🙂
Recipes to try:
- Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Sweet Potato Cranberry Coconut Muffins
- Love this “beginner sardine recipe” from the Nutrition Twins – great for trying sardines for the first time! –> Beginner Sardine Kalamata & Chickpea Salad.
- Guac Chocolate Mousse <— genius!
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough Dip <— made with chickpeas!
- 25 Vegetarian Recipes Even a Carnivore Will Love
- Crispy Thai Brussels Sprouts
- Healthy Pumpkin Recipe Roundup