Happy Friday! I’m popping in today with some things I’m loving lately/randomness from the week. I’d love to hear what you’re loving lately – feel free to play along in the comments. 🙂
1) Pesto scrambled eggs. This is exactly how it sounds – scrambled eggs with pesto mixed in. I had some pesto leftover after making the chicken pesto zucchini pasta salad I wrote about yesterday, so I stirred it into eggs randomly and it was really good! Nice way to mix it up from basic scrambled eggs. Try it! The rest of the leftover pesto will go towards making my Pesto Baked Salmon this weekend – an old fave.
2) Bread. I bought some local bread recently (from Lyon Bakery) and it is really amping up my sandwiches and snacks. Nice to mix it up from my usual staples! I got a sourdough and a walnut raisin loaf. Yummm. If you’re bored of your sandwiches, try getting some fun new bread! (And try some of the ideas in my mix + match healthy sandwich recipes post while you’re at it!)
3) Riese’s latest breastfeeding position. This is too funny to not share – she is a total wiggleworm and super distracted while nursing nowadays, and one of her favorite poses while actively nursing is lying on her side and holding her foot up in the air like this. It cracks me up!
4) The Thousandth Floor book series. You guys – I’m OBSESSED! This is one of those easy reading page turner series where you can’t wait until it’s time to cozy up with your book in bed. I hadn’t gotten super into any of the books I’ve read lately so this was a nice surprise! I’m about halfway through the third book in the series, which is the final book. Noooo!! I don’t want it to end! I need some new book recs – any recent faves?
5) Baked chicken fingers. We hadn’t had chicken fingers in ages and I forgot how good they are! Here’s my favorite baked chicken finger recipe. Served with a big salad with all sorts of random veggies hanging out in the fridge, and roasted potatoes! Matt has perfected his roasted potato technique, btw – he says the key is roasting at 450 (vs. the 350 we used to do), and he adds chopped fresh thyme and fresh minced garlic, plus salt and pepper, to the potatoes before roasting. So good!
Have a fabulous weekend everyone – see you back here on Monday!