This gluten free chicken tenders recipe is healthy and delicious. Just like the chicken fingers from your favorite diner – minus the grease!
The corn flakes make them nice and crunchy, even though they are baked. And the spices add delicious flavor.
Basically, this is a healthier version of the favorite childhood comfort food, and sure to please the whole family! Who knows, it might even be your new go-to quick weeknight meal.
Gluten Free Chicken Tenders
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- 1 package of chicken tenders
- 2 eggs
- dijon mustard
- corn flakes (gluten-free certified if desired)
- seasonings (salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, and garlic powder)
You might also enjoy these crispy baked salmon bites!
How to Make Baked Chicken Tenders with Corn Flakes
Here’s a general overview on how to make these chicken tenders:
First, you combine the eggs and dijon mustard in a bowl.
Separately, crush the corn flakes (I like to put them in a zip-able bag and roll a rolling pin over it). Mix together the crushed corn flakes with the seasoning on a plate.
With each chicken tender, dredge in the egg/mustard bowl, then in the corn flake mixture until it’s fully coated.
Lastly, place on a sprayed baking sheet (or two!) and bake until golden brown. (You can find the full recipe below.)
These gluten free baked chicken tenders are great for lunch with a big side salad, or try them for dinner with some roasted potatoes and other veggies.
Don’t forget the sauce! Whip up a quick homemade honey mustard sauce, or stick with an old classic: ketchup. BBQ, ranch, etc…there are so many options, you’ll never get bored. 😉
Enjoy – here’s the full recipe! If you try them, let me know how you like them by tagging me on social media @fANNEtasticfood, or by commenting on this blog post.
- 1 package chicken tenders (1 to 1.5 lbs)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 C (gluten free certified) corn flakes, finely crushed
- 1/4 tsp. each of: salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg and mustard. On a plate, mix the crushed corn flakes and spices.
- One by one, dredge the chicken tenders in the egg/mustard mixture, then in the corn flake mixture until fully coated. Place the coated tenders on a cooking sprayed or nonstick baking sheet. You may need more than one — I used two baking sheets!
- Bake at 375 for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Check out these other incredibly easy gluten-free dinner ideas!
- Easy Lentil Veggie Burgers
- Almond Crusted Tilapia
- Crockpot Chicken Curry
- Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Roasted Salmon with Watermelon Salsa
- Creamy Mexican Chicken Chili Soup