Introducing one of the most refreshing lunches ever: quinoa chickpea salad with feta! It’s packed with Mediterranean flavors, and the chickpeas and quinoa have the staying power to keep you full for more than 2 seconds.
I’m a huge chickpea fan – they are highly nutritious with protein, fiber, and lots of vitamins and minerals. Plus I like how they taste – and that I buy them canned so they are really easy to have ready to use immediately!
Quinoa and Chickpea Salad
Studded with juicy cherry tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, salty feta cheese, and tangy arugula, you’ll want to dig into this easy vegetarian salad every week. If you don’t have chickpeas, white beans would be delicious here, too.
The dressing is a heavenly combination of lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and dijon mustard. But you can also use any store-bought vinaigrette dressing you have on hand if you want to mix it up!
And if you’re using pre-cooked quinoa, there’s no cooking required. It’s the perfect salad for warm summer days. So simple and tasty!
You can easily make this salad vegan, too – just leave out the cheese.
Mediterranean Grain Salad Ingredients
To make this quinoa chickpea salad, you’ll need:
- canned chickpeas (drained + rinsed)
- cooked quinoa
- feta cheese (or mozzarella)
- balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar, or apple cider vinegar)
- olive oil
- dijon mustard
Optional additions include diced bell peppers, sliced snap peas, and grated carrots if you want to add more veggie volume to the mix!
You might also like this vegan Mexican quinoa salad or these other tasty chickpea recipes!
How to Make Quinoa Chickpea Salad
Now, let’s put it all together!
Start by chopping up your veggies and cook your quinoa if it isn’t already cooked.
Then, make your homemade dressing by whisking together balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, and dijon mustard (measurement details are in the full recipe card at the end of this post).
In a large bowl, place quinoa, arugula, and chickpeas.
Next, top with cucumber and tomato. Crumble feta cheese on top. Then, drizzle on your dressing, and eat up!
This is a great make-ahead, pack-able lunch, too. (Just wait until you’re ready to eat to put the dressing on, so the salad doesn’t get soggy.)
You’ll find the full quinoa chickpea salad recipe at the bottom of this post. (Of course, so feel free to just use the recipe as a loose guideline and experiment with different ingredients – you do you!)
Don’t forget to check out my other mix & match grain salad bowl recipes:
What’s your favorite way to eat chickpeas? Let me know in the comments!
I also love having chickpeas them oven toasted – they make a great crunchy salad topper alternative to croutons, like I’ve done in my Vegan Kale Caesar Salad recipe!
Looking for more super quick and healthy lunch ideas? Check these out:
- Quinoa Taco Salad
- Healthy Tuna Salad with Avocado
- Crunchy Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Zesty Italian Pasta Salad
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Thai Peanut Sauce
- Healthy Egg Salad with Avocado
- Mix & Match Healthy Sandwich Recipes
- Green Goddess Bowl with Honey Herb Vinaigrette
Quinoa Chickpea Salad with Feta
Introducing one of the most refreshing lunches ever: quinoa chickpea salad with feta! It's packed with nutrients and Mediterranean flavors.
For the salad base:
- 2/3 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup quinoa (pre-cooked if possible to save time)
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas (drained + rinsed)
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
For the dressing:
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Start by cooking the quinoa if it isn't already cooked. At the same time, chop up the tomatoes and cucumbers.
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the dressing: balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, and dijon mustard. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, place quinoa, arugula, and chickpeas. Top with cucumber and tomato.
- Crumble feta cheese on top.
- Drizzle on the dressing, and enjoy!