These Mediterranean chicken pita pockets with feta, hummus, and veggies are a perfect lunch idea! They’re quick and easy, plus super nutritious and filling.
And, if you have leftover cooked/rotisserie chicken to use, they’re even easier. Just slice and stuff everything into pitas, and lunch is served!
Mediterranean Pita with Chicken
I think pita is my favorite form of sandwich bread. Anyone else? It’s such a yummy texture – plus you can stuff them full and they are less likely to fall apart on you than a normal sandwich!
This is one of my favorite super simple pita sandwich lunches.
I love the simplicity and flavors; the hummus makes a great sauce, and the veggies and feta cheese compliment everything so well. Cucumbers add a nice crunch, too!
If you don’t have any hummus, have no fear: you can also mix up a quick vinaigrette of olive oil and red wine vinegar (or balsamic vinegar). A squeeze of lemon juice would be a great addition as well.
Quick tip: if you don’t have cooked chicken, here’s how to cook frozen chicken breasts in your Instant Pot!
Chicken Pita Wrap Ingredients
Fortunately, making these chicken pita pockets only requires a short list of ingredients! You’ll need:
- cooked chicken (shredded or cut into slices – I highly recommend getting a rotisserie chicken because they are so easy)
- whole wheat pitas
- feta cheese
- other optional fun additions are: romaine lettuce (if you prefer crunch vs. the baby spinach), shredded carrots, and broccoli slaw – both will add some extra veggie volume and crunch to the mix!
I have a love-love relationship with feta. It really does make everything better. But, if you don’t have any on hand, you can use mozzarella cheese instead, or goat cheese would work as well!
Other tasty add-ons: marinated chopped artichoke hearts, pitted and sliced kalamata olives, and thinly sliced red onion.
Fermented or pickled veggies would also add a nice tart tang to this pita sandwich – here’s how to ferment vegetables at home if you want to give it a shot yourself!
If you want more Mediterranean flavors, check out these Mediterranean chicken stuffed peppers.
How to Make Mediterranean Chicken Pita Pockets
In just a few steps, you’ll have yourself a fabulous and filling wrap for lunch!
Start by spreading hummus in the pitas, then stuff with chicken and veggies. Lastly, crumble feta on top and dig in! No need to measure, just eyeball everything.
This sandwich is so tasty and packed with protein and nutrients – not to mention flavor!
Plus, you can easily make it ahead of time and pack it up if you’re on the go.
Depending how long it will be before you eat, you may want to keep the hummus and tomato separate to keep the sandwich from getting soggy. Enjoy!
Looking for more great lunch ideas? I’ve got you covered:
- Crunchy Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Healthy Tuna Salad with Avocado
- Grain Salad Bowls (Mix & Match)
- Quinoa Taco Salad
- Healthy Egg Salad with Avocado
- Kale and Quinoa Salad with Soft Boiled Eggs
- Greek Yogurt Tuna Salad
- Greek Orzo Salad with Shrimp & Feta
- Easy Hummus Toast with Smoked Salmon and Soft Boiled Eggs
- Green Goddess Bowl with Raw Honey Herb Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup shredded chicken (cooked)
- 2 whole wheat pita pockets
- 1/3 cup hummus
- handful of spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 of a large tomato (sliced)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Spread hummus in the pita pockets.
- Slice chicken and veggies, then stuff into the pita pockets.
- Crumble feta on top, then enjoy!