This simple and quick lemony quinoa salad with spinach and kidney beans comes together in no time! It makes a great healthy packed or make-ahead lunch, or enjoy it as a side dish alongside meat or fish.
It requires very little cook time (especially if you’re using pre-cooked quinoa!) and it’s packed with protein thanks to the bean + quinoa combo. Feta cheese, lemon juice, and herbs make it especially tasty.
Spinach Quinoa Salad with Beans
This is a fabulous go-to side dish for any meal, because it’s simple, quick, and delicious! Plus, it’s full of nutrients and flavor. Really, it’s got everything you need. 😉
This salad is super portable too, so you can easily pack it up for lunch on the go. It’s got lots of staying power on its own (i.e. it’ll keep you full!), but you can also toss in some chicken or fish for extra protein if you feel like it.
I love the brightness of the lemon juice combined with the salty flavor from the feta cheese. I can’t wait for you to try it!
Here are some more healthy quinoa salad recipes to try!
Quinoa Bean Salad Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this quinoa salad with spinach:
- lemon (for fresh lemon juice)
- olive oil
- kidney beans (canned)
- feta cheese
- garlic powder
- ground coriander
Feel free to experiment with different greens/veggies like kale or asparagus!
How to Make Quinoa Salad with Spinach
How you make this depends on if you’re starting with uncooked quinoa or cooked quinoa.
If you want to serve this dish hot, I’d recommend starting with uncooked quinoa – or you can always reheat your quinoa in the microwave.
Let’s assume you’re starting with uncooked quinoa. First, cook your quinoa according to the directions on the package. (This should take about 15 minutes).
Meanwhile, put your baby spinach in a bowl and steam it by microwaving it for 1 minute.
Once the quinoa is ready (or if using pre-cooked quinoa), combine that with everything else in a large bowl. Stir well and garnish with lemon zest and/or fresh herbs like parsley if desired. Then, enjoy!
You’ll find the full quinoa salad with spinach recipe at the bottom of this post.
I hope you love it as much as we do – this is one of the recipes from the really early days of my blog but it has gotten a photo upgrade and deserved to be re-posted!
What’s your favorite way to make quinoa? Let me know in the comments!
You might also enjoy these other quinoa recipes:
- Cranberry Quinoa Salad
- Mushroom Quinoa Side Dish Recipe
- Pumpkin Quinoa
- Quinoa Taco Salad
- Quinoa Chickpea Salad with Feta
- Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Quinoa Bars
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried “Rice” with Quinoa
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Berry Lemon Quinoa Breakfast Bake
- Quinoa Salad with Orange Vinaigrette, Avocado & Arugula
- 1/2 C uncooked quinoa, prepared as directed on package
- 1/4 C fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 C olive oil
- 1 C kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/8 C crumbled feta cheese
- 2 C fresh baby spinach, steamed in microwave
- Garlic powder, ground coriander, and salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa as directed on package (will take about 15 minutes).
- While you’re waiting, toss the spinach in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute to steam it.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, transfer to a bowl and add all the other ingredients to it! Just stir and enjoy — serve warm or cold.