I have a new recipe for you all today, inspired by the tacos we had over the weekend and the leftovers I wanted to use up!
Meet Mexican Quinoa Salad:
This came out even better than I hoped. Perfect for this hot (March?!) weather we’ve been having — and super quick and easy to make, just like all my recipes. 😉
All you’re missing is a margarita!
- 1 cup (uncooked) quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable broth (low sodium if possible)
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 very ripe avocado, chopped
- 1 small pepper (any color), diced
- 1 cup salsa (or 1/2 cup salsa and 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon each of: cumin & chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Combine quinoa, water, and vegetable broth in a pot. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce to a simmer, and cook 10 to 12 minutes (until all liquid is absorbed).
- Let quinoa cool, then combine in a large bowl with all other ingredients.
I had a bowl of it yesterday for lunch. Delicious!
Let me know how you like it. 🙂