Strawberry salad dressing is the perfect easy homemade vinaigrette for any time of year, but especially summer! It’s lightly sweet, bursting with bright flavor, and made with apple cider vinegar (which has lots of health benefits in addition to being delicious).
You only need a handful of ingredients and a blender – or immersion blender – to make it. No cooking required. Homemade salad dressing is so much better (and more flavorful) than store-bought, but really easy to make – give it a shot!
Homemade Strawberry Vinaigrette
This easy strawberry vinaigrette dressing will elevate pretty much any salad! It pairs well with steak, chicken, fish, or any type of protein for salads. (This grilled strawberry steak salad is a must-try!).
Plus, it’s delicious on salads with fruit and/or creamy cheeses like mozzarella, feta, or goat cheese. Not only that, but it’s a perfect vinaigrette to dress up a simple green salad or strawberry spinach salad.
Apple cider vinegar gives this homemade dressing a sweet and tangy flavor, while garlic and herbs add a savory twist. Of course, the star of the show – strawberries – are blended in for the perfect amount of of summery flavor.
This strawberry dressing is easy to make, vegan, gluten free, and dairy free, so everyone can enjoy it!
Another favorite dressing of mine is this lemony Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette! It pairs well with tons of different salads.
I’ve made it with apple cider vinegar and red wine vinegar, too. You can easily swap in and out different vinegars to mix it up. That’s the beauty of most homemade salad dressing recipes – they are flexible!
What You’ll Need
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this strawberry vinaigrette recipe:
- strawberries (Be sure to choose strawberries that are at their peak ripeness! They should be bright red, with no yellow or green spots and no dark spots. If they are dark red, they’re likely overripe. Of course, strawberries are in season in summer, but you can usually find them year-round in the United States.)
- apple cider vinegar (This adds a bold flavor and makes this a vinaigrette-style dressing. It has a tasty combination of sweetness and tanginess.)
- extra virgin olive oil (This helps cut down the acidity of the apple cider vinegar, and adds a light savory flavor.)
- dijon mustard (Another tasty flavor addition!)
- fresh thyme (For a slight herby flavor.)
- lemon (For fresh lemon juice to brighten up the dressing even more.)
- salt & pepper
How to Make Strawberry Salad Dressing
To make this strawberry dressing, start by dicing your strawberries (remove the stems). This helps them blend more easily.
Then, add all the ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth! You can also place all the ingredients in a tall mason jar and use an immersion blender to blend them. Either way works!
Feel free to taste the vinaigrette and add anything you’d like, depending on your preferences. If you want the dressing to be sweeter, you can add a little honey or maple syrup (or more strawberries).
Drizzle over your favorite salad, toss to coat, and enjoy!
Tools You’ll Need
All you really need to make this healthy strawberry dressing is a blender or immersion blender!
No additional tools are needed, aside from a knife and cutting board to dice the strawberries and measuring cups/spoons for measuring ingredients.
Strawberry Salad Dressing Storage Tips
Store this dressing in a jar with a tight lid in the refrigerator. (This makes it easy to shake up before serving, since the ingredients may separate).
A lid is also essential to ensure the container is sealed for proper storage. It should stay good for up to 3-5 days.
Can I use frozen strawberries?
Yes! Fresh strawberries are best for the most flavorful dressing, but you can easily use frozen strawberries instead if needed. Just be sure to fully thaw them first in the refrigerator before blending.
Is this strawberry vinaigrette dairy free and gluten free?
Yes! The ingredients in this recipe should be naturally vegan and gluten free.
(If you do decide to add honey, keep in mind that’s usually not considered vegan.)
I hope this delicious vinaigrette dressing helps you enjoy salads even more now! 🙂 The full recipe is at the end of this post.
More homemade salad dressing recipes to try:
- Lemon Balsamic Dressing (Vinaigrette)
- Creamy Italian Dressing Recipe
- Creamy Vegan Green Goddess Dressing
- Raw Honey Herb Vinaigrette
- Tangy Orange Vinaigrette
Be sure to try these other tasty summer salad recipes, too!
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries (stems removed)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme (optional)
- juice from 1 lemon
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth or place ingredients in a jar and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Drizzle over salad as desired & toss to coat.
To use frozen strawberries: Fully thaw frozen strawberries overnight in the refrigerator before blending.
Storage tips: Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container (or jar with a lid) for up to 3-5 days. Be sure to shake well before serving, as the ingredients can separate.