Hey guys! Coming at you with some randomness on this beautiful Friday. I’m sure some of you are gearing up for holiday weekend adventures – safe travels and enjoy! And now, here are some things I’m loving lately.
1) Riese turning 6 months old yesterday!
WOW, time flies. As I wrote on Instagram, I alternate between crying because she’s growing up too quickly and already not our tiny little baby anymore… and delighting in watching her change. It’s amazing to see her learn new skills and mannerisms – I swear she changes every single day!
2) Deck dinners!
Now that it’s still light out when Matt and I eat dinner (usually around 8 after getting Riese to bed), we’ve been enjoying eating out on our deck. So nice to enjoy some fresh air – it makes the evening feel more special to be outdoors! We’re actually having friends over for a BBQ on the deck tonight – can’t wait.
3) My flour free protein pancake!
I was really obsessed with this for awhile but got out of the habit of making it once Riese arrived because it takes about 10 minutes to make on the stove. Well, it’s back in action! I sometimes do a microwave variation but it’s not nearly as good as the stovetop classic. Yummm.
4) Nursing-friendly sports bras.
I have tried a few variations of nursing-friendly sports bras and finally found two I really like: this one is great for running/higher impact (it’s not technically a nursing bra but the velcro adjustable straps can be undone – perfect for nursing), and I found another that’s amazing for yoga/walking/hiking/anything lower impact because it’s really comfy and cozy.
5) This baby chair. I bought this baby play chair after my friend Janae wrote about it on her blog and Riese really likes it. 🙂 Seems to help work on her core strength, too!
And now, a random question: what time of day do you guys usually read my blog posts? I’ve always made it a priority to publish new blog posts sometime in the morning, but I’m wondering if that matters or not. Do you like when bloggers you follow publish posts in the morning, or does it not really matter to you? I’m not sure I’ll be changing anything either way, but just curious!
Speaking of posting – it will be a bit sporadic next week! Our nanny will be out of town so I’m going to use it as an opportunity to take most of the week off from blog work and AnneTheRD client meetings and enjoy some extra special time with my little one. I’ve been looking forward to this week for months… I’m so excited to take Riese to story time at the library, to bring her to lunch at my grandmother’s retirement community so she can meet everyone there, and to have some fun outdoorsy adventures with her, too, if the weather allows! And of course it will be nice to get some extra cuddles, too. 🙂 I’m planning to pop in with posts a couple times (I’ll probably do some work in the evenings once Matt is home, or maybe have my mom come over for a couple hours so I can get caught up one of the afternoons), but we’ll see. Either way, have a great long weekend! Today is National Wine Day… don’t forget to celebrate. 😉
I will leave you with a couple random things from around the web:
- If you’re a fellow blogger looking for tips and best practices for how to partner with brands, check out the Wellevation HQ Facebook group. It’s free and has a lot of great brand partnership insights and info!
- If you want to experience some wanderlust and travel vicariously, check out The Year Away blog – it’s written by a blog reader of mine and her husband who are, as the blog name indicates, spending a whole year traveling. Leah is documenting their adventures on the blog and I’ve been really enjoying following along!
Please note there are affiliate links in this post.