This “Cheesy” Vegan Mushroom Quinoa side dish packs a ton of savory flavor thanks to nutritional yeast, mushrooms, and coriander. It’s hearty enough to satisfy meat-eaters, but totally vegan and veggie-packed!
It goes great with basically any meal, and it’s super easy to make. It’ll be your new go-to side dish. (Or, this recipe is hearty enough to eat as a main dish, too!)
Mushroom Quinoa Side Dish
To make this recipe, all you need is a skillet and these ingredients:
- quinoa (cooked or uncooked)
- coconut oil
- baby bok choy
- kale (optional)
- cannellini beans
- garlic powder
- nutritional yeast (optional)
Start by cooking the quinoa (if it isn’t cooked yet), according to the package directions. Set aside.
Next, in a large wok or pan, add the coconut oil, bok choy, kale, mushrooms, beans, and the garlic powder and coriander.
Cook over medium heat a few minutes, or until kale is wilted and the mushrooms and bok choy are softened.
Lastly, toss in the cooked quinoa and nutritional yeast and stir. Add salt and cracked pepper to taste. That’s it – it’s ready to serve!
I love how fancy it looks, especially for such a simple dish. Serve on its own, or with chicken, salmon, tofu, etc.
Here are some yummy main courses this mushroom quinoa side dish could go really well with:
- The Easiest Baked Salmon Recipe
- Saucy Chicken with Artichokes and Tomatoes
- Chimichurri Grilled Shrimp Recipe
- Marinated Tofu
- Instant Pot Maple Mustard Chicken Recipe
The full recipe is at the bottom of this post. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, try some of my other satisfying vegan dishes, too:
- Comforting Pumpkin Quinoa
- Creamy Vegan Garlic & Herb Pasta
- Lemony Spinach Quinoa Bean Salad
- Vegan Cranberry Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 C uncooked quinoa
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 baby bok choy, chopped
- Handful washed kale leaves, stems removed (optional)
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. coriander
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Salt & cracked pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- In a large wok or pan, add the coconut oil, bok choy, kale, mushrooms, beans, and the garlic powder and coriander. SautÃ© over medium heat a few minutes, or until kale is wilted and the mushrooms and bok choy are softened.
- Add cooked quinoa and nutritional yeast into the wok and stir. Add salt and cracked pepper to taste.