Happy New Year, friends!
Matt and I had a wonderful time celebrating the new year with friends, dancing, and champagne up on the Maryland shore at a friend’s house.
I was too busy with said dancing, friends, and champagne to get any photos of our night, but I did get this shot of the early sunset during our drive over the Bay Bridge on New Years Eve. So pretty!
I’ll be back with a real post tomorrow — enjoying one more day of freedom before reality sets back in. On the agenda for today: a run with my dad, lunch with old friends, working on some wedding stuff, and dinner with high school friends!
Tomorrow: get life together before our big masters program policy trip here in D.C. on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
I’m excited that it’s 2012 — it’s going to be a (very) busy and exciting year for both me and Matt. Here’s what’s on the docket so far for 2012:
- Last semester of grad school classes (Jan — April)
- Take comprehensive exam for MPH program — gah (April)
- Move back to D.C. (early May) (!)
- Hospital internship in DC (Summer)
- Final dietetic internship in DC (Fall)
- GET MARRIED! (October 13, 2012)
- Write and present my masters paper and graduate from my MPH program! (late November)
- HONEYMOON! (December)
So by this time next year, I’ll be married, living back in DC, and will have an MPH after my (new) name! I’ll hopefully take the R.D. exam to officially become a Registered Dietitian in February 2013 — it takes about a month or so after we graduate from the masters program for the paperwork to go through for us to take the national test.
Whew. Let the whirlwind begin — here’s to 2012!