My friend Lauren shared this simple baked oatmeal recipe for breakfast on a girls trip to Georgia; it was so delicious (and easy) I knew I had to share.
Simple Baked Oatmeal Recipe
Makes ~4 servings
This simple, nutritious, and versatile breakfast recipe is perfect for a group brunch or to make ahead so you have a healthy breakfast ready to go during the week. Enjoy plain or topped with yogurt or extra fresh fruit. Double (or triple!) the recipe for larger groups.
- 2 cups rolled or quick oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup dried fruit (we used raisins)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (e.g. walnuts or almonds; optional)
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 & 1/2 cup milk or almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 very ripe bananas, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 375.
1) In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring gently until mixed.
2) Coat an 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray; pour in batter.
3) Bake for 20 minutes, or until firm. Serve warm.
This recipe was quite the crowd-pleaser — I’m totally making it next time I have houseguests — or just for myself and Matt some week! It’s nice because it’s quick and easy to make (and healthy!), but more exciting than just having oatmeal.
Check out these other easy, delicious breakfast recipes!
- Perfect Microwave Banana Oatmeal
- Vegan Quinoa Breakfast Bake
- Microwave Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookie For One