This healthy Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal recipe tastes just like pumpkin pie!
It’s hard to believe there’s no added sugar. But the very ripe bananas add plenty of sweetness, and the spices add that crave-worthy fall pumpkin flavor. You can always add a drizzle of maple syrup too, if you like. 🙂
Please try this recipe – you won’t regret it. Perfect for fall mornings!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Recipe
This is the ultimate creamy and comforting fall breakfast. It’ll warm you right up, and keep you full all morning. It’s healthy and nutritious, too, so you can eat it over and over again! Pairs perfectly with a nice latte.
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- old-fashioned oats
- milk (or non-diary milk of choice)
- ripe banana
- pureed pumpkin (canned)
- ground cloves
- ground nutmeg
- handful of frozen blueberries (optional)
I love adding chopped pecans and dried cranberries, too! The pecans add a nice crunch, and the cranberries add a hint of tartness.
How to Make Pumpkin Oatmeal
This oatmeal is super easy and quick to make. Start by putting the oats, milk, sliced banana, and cinnamon into a small pot on the stove over medium high heat.
Stir continuously for about 5 minutes, or until the mixture gets thick and creamy. It should also start slightly bubbling at this point. Stir in the handful of frozen blueberries now, if desired.
Next, turn down the heat to medium low. Add in the canned pumpkin and a small shake each of ground cloves and ground nutmeg. These two spices make this recipe — don’t skip them!
Sprinkle with chopped pecans, serve hot and enjoy! (You’ll find the full pumpkin pie oatmeal recipe at the end of this post.)
Can I make this oatmeal in the microwave?
Absolutely! Simply combine all the recipe ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high for 2 minutes. I recommend mashed banana instead of sliced for this version. It comes together better that way. 🙂
(Check out my Perfect Microwave Banana Oatmeal Recipe for more microwave oatmeal inspiration).
This recipe is definitely one of my fall favorites. I hope you love it, too!
Looking for more healthy breakfast recipes? Check these out:
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins (or Bread)
- Easy Savory French Toast
- Gluten Free Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes
- Healthy Breakfast Tacos with Avocado Crema
- Easy Overnight Oats (Six Ways)
- Sweet Potato Muffins with Coconut
- Veggie Scrambled Egg Muffins
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread with Peanut Butter
- Cherry Chocolate Overnight Oats
- 1/2 C old fashioned oats
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 2 hefty shakes cinnamon
- 1/4 C pureed canned pumpkin
- 1 small shake ground cloves
- 1 small shake ground nutmeg
- Handful frozen wild blueberries (optional)
- Put the oats, milk, sliced banana, and cinnamon into a small pot on the stove. (This will also work in the microwave -- simply combine all the recipe ingredients in a microwave safe bowl (I recommend mashed banana instead of sliced for the microwave version) and cook on high for 2 minutes!)
- Stir continuously over medium high heat for about 5 minutes, or until the mixture gets thick and creamy (and starts slightly bubbling). Stir in the frozen blueberries now, if you like.
- Turn down heat to medium low and add in the canned pumpkin and a small shake each of ground cloves and ground nutmeg. These two spices make this recipe — don’t skip them!
- Serve hot and enjoy!