This healthy recipe for Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal tastes just like pumpkin pie! Hard to believe there’s no added sugar — just some very ripe banana and flavorful spices. Please try this recipe, you won’t regret it. Perfect for fall mornings!
- 1/2 C old fashioned oats
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 2 hefty shakes cinnamon
- 1/4 C pureed canned pumpkin
- 1 small shake ground cloves
- 1 small shake ground nutmeg
- Handful frozen wild blueberries (optional)
- Put the oats, milk, sliced banana, and cinnamon into a small pot on the stove. (This will also work in the microwave -- simply combine all the recipe ingredients in a microwave safe bowl (I recommend mashed banana instead of sliced for the microwave version) and cook on high for 2 minutes!)
- Stir continuously over medium high heat for about 5 minutes, or until the mixture gets thick and creamy (and starts slightly bubbling). Stir in the frozen blueberries now, if you like.
- Turn down heat to medium low and add in the canned pumpkin and a small shake each of ground cloves and ground nutmeg. These two spices make this recipe — don’t skip them!
- Serve hot and enjoy!