These almond milk overnight oats with berries are a refreshing and easy make-ahead breakfast.
Overnight oats can be enjoyed any time of year, but they’re especially perfect for warm summer days. You don’t have to turn on your oven or stovetop. You don’t even need your microwave!
Just mix together a few ingredients in a mason jar or bowl, and cover and let sit in your fridge overnight. And voila – you have a delicious breakfast waiting for you in the morning.
Almond Milk Overnight Oats with Berries
I love the variety of overnight oats combinations you can make so you never get bored of them! (Here are 6 of my favorite overnight oats flavor combinations for inspiration).
It’s especially easy to mix and match ingredients – like using almond milk instead of dairy milk. And it tastes just as good.
If you use gluten-free certified oats, then the overnight oats will be gluten-free, too!
Let’s talk about how to make this tasty, healthy breakfast treat.
1. Start with your basic overnight oats ingredients: almond milk, oats, and ground flax.
Of course, you can use dairy milk if you prefer, or any other kind of milk – you do you!
Combine ingredients in a mason jar and shake (or stir) until well-mixed. This is your starter for any overnight oats recipe!
You can also add chia seeds if desired. This gives your oats more of a pudding consistency, and adds a nutritional boost.
2. Flavor your overnight oats base with vanilla extract and honey.
Vanilla extract and honey add a natural sweetness to your oats. You can also use cocoa powder, maple syrup, cinnamon, and/or nut butter if you like!
3. Add your toppings: berries and sliced almonds.
Throw in some berries (blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, whatever you like!) and sliced almonds. The berries can either be fresh or frozen.
You can mix & match any fruits or nuts you have on hand, though – it doesn’t have to be just berries + almonds!
(Psst: You might also want to try another of my favorite overnight oats recipes: Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats with Banana!)
4. Refrigerate your oats, then enjoy!
Lastly, refrigerate your oats for at least 3-4 hours – or you can just leave them in the fridge overnight! This lets the oats soak in the almond milk so they become soft.
After that, they’re ready to enjoy!
See the full almond milk overnight oats with berries recipe at the end of the post.
What’s your favorite overnight oats flavor combination?
If you like oatmeal, here are some more delicious oatmeal recipes to try:
- Healthy Oatmeal Recipes
- Perfect Microwave Banana Oatmeal Recipe
- How To Make Oatmeal Taste Better (and More Filling!)
- High Protein Oatmeal Recipe (How to Make Stovetop Oatmeal with Eggs)
- Savory Oatmeal Recipe
- Simple Baked Oatmeal Recipe
The full almond milk overnight oats recipe is below.
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (certified GF if needed)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or dairy milk if preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Handful of fresh or frozen berries
- Handful of sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- Combine oats, flax, almond milk, and optional chia seeds in a mason jar (or bowl). Screw on the lid, and shake (or stir).
- Add vanilla extract and honey. (If using frozen berries, add them now). Stir until mixed in.
- Put the lid back on or cover, and refrigerate overnight (or at least 3-4 hours).
- When ready to eat, top with fresh berries and sliced almonds. Enjoy!