These are the simplest vegan burgers you’ll ever make. Adding pumpkin to the mix gives them a fall flair, making your veggie burger dinner even more comforting and festive.
Serve them on a bun, crumbled over a salad, in a pita, or just alongside some grains and veggies for dinner. If you’re not vegan, try topping these burgers with cheddar cheese or a chipotle yogurt sauce (see note below!) for an extra kick.
(makes 2 patties)
- 1 C black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/3 C canned pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp. whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp. cumin (obviously!!!)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- Parsley (optional: a few leaves chopped and added into mixture, and a couple to garnish)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mash them together.
Note: I topped these with a quick chipotle yogurt sauce for a spicy kick! Just blend together about 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt with about 1 tablespoon canned chipotle peppers.
If you liked this recipe, you might like these other veggie burgers and vegan meals, too!
- Easy Lentil Veggie Burgers
- Mexican Black Bean Spinach Burgers
- Comforting Pumpkin Quinoa
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Quinoa Salad