This Comforting Pumpkin Quinoa is simple, nutritious, and delicious — just how I like it!
Feel free to swap out the asparagus and bok choy for any veggies you have on hand for a flexible fall-themed side dish, or top with some beans or cooked chicken to make a balanced meal!
You’ll find the full recipe at the bottom of this post. Enjoy!
Mmm. This is a great dish to make a big portion of and eat throughout the week for quick lunches and dinners. Don’t forget the coriander — it makes this dish!
If you liked this recipe, you might like these other quinoa ideas:
- “Cheesy” Vegan Mushroom Quinoa
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Taco Salad
- Vegan Cranberry Quinoa Salad
- 1 C cooked quinoa (I used red; regular is fine)
- 1 baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- Olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder (divided)
- 3/4 C water
- 1 C pumpkin
- 3/4 tsp. coriander
- Salt & cracked pepper to taste
- optional: parsley and feta cheese, for garnish
- Start by cooking your quinoa as directed on the package.
- While the quinoa is cooking, saute your veggies! I sauteed the bok choy and asparagus on medium heat in a drizzle of olive oil and 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder. Continue to saute until the veggies are soft (only takes a few minutes).
- Reduce the heat to low, then add in your cooked quinoa!
- Mix it all up, then add in the water and the pumpkin.
- Finally, add in the remaining garlic powder (1/2 tsp.) and the 3/4 tsp. coriander. Stir it all up and makes sure it’s heated through, then add salt and cracked pepper to taste. Top with parsley and feta cheese, if desired.