This cake is delicious — very flavorful (almost like biscotti!), not too sweet, and made with whole wheat flour to boot! (If you don’t have Blood Orange Olive Oil, this will still be amazing with regular olive oil and orange zest, don’t worry!)
(makes one small cake — about 5 slices)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/4 C Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 C whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp fresh orange zest
Preheat oven to 350.
1) Whisk together the eggs and sugar in a bowl. Add the olive oil and baking powder and whisk again, then add the flour and orange zest, whisking again until mixed.
2) Pour the batter into a shallow pan (I used a pie pan since this recipe doesn’t make a ton of batter — if you want a normal sized cake, double the recipe and the baking time!)
3) Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream or yogurt, and a hot cup of tea or coffee!