These black bean vegan burgers with pumpkin are the simplest veggie burgers you’ll ever make. Plus, they’re made entirely using pantry staples – so you might not even have to take a trip to the grocery store!
Pumpkin Black Bean Vegan Burgers
These vegan burgers are super simple to make. And the pumpkin adds a unique and delicious pop of flavor!
Serve these on a bun, crumbled over a salad, in a pita, or just alongside some grains and veggies for dinner. If you’re not vegan, try topping these burgers with cheddar cheese or a chipotle yogurt sauce (see instructions later in this post!) for an extra kick.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these vegan burgers:
- black beans
- canned pumpkin
- whole wheat pastry flour
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- parsley (optional)
How to Make Vegan Burgers with Black Beans
You can have these burgers on the table in about 10 minutes. They’re that quick and easy!
Start by combining all the ingredients into a bowl. Mash well with a fork until well-combined.
Once the mixture has reached your desired consistency, form into 2 patties with your hands. Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray (or drizzle a little olive oil) and heat to medium heat. Then, cook the patties for a couple minutes on each side so they’re nice and seared, and stick together.
Place onto buns with desired toppings (lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, etc.) and serve!
This recipe makes about 2 patties, but you can easily double or triple it to make more. You’ll find the full black bean vegan burgers recipe at the end of this post. Enjoy!
Note: I topped these with a quick chipotle yogurt sauce for a spicy kick! Just blend together about 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt with about 1 tablespoon canned chipotle peppers.
If you liked this recipe, you might like these other veggie burgers and vegan meals, too!
- Easy Lentil Veggie Burgers
- Mexican Black Bean Spinach Burgers
- Comforting Pumpkin Quinoa
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Quinoa Salad
- Cranberry Quinoa Salad
- Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Black Beans
- Vegan Kale Caesar Salad
Black Bean Vegan Burgers with Pumpkin
Serve them on a bun, crumbled over a salad, in a pita, or just alongside some grains and veggies for dinner. If you're not vegan, try topping these burgers with cheddar cheese or a chipotle yogurt sauce (see note below!) for an extra kick.
- 1 C black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/3 C canned pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp. whole wheat pastry flour (or regular all-purpose flour, or white whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- Parsley (optional: a few leaves chopped and added into mixture, and a couple to garnish)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mash them together.
- Once mashed/mixed to desired consistency, form into two patties. Cook in a skillet (sprayed with nonstick spray) on medium heat for a couple minutes on each side.
I topped these with a quick chipotle yogurt sauce for a spicy kick! Just blend together about 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt with about 1 tablespoon canned chipotle peppers.