This curried carrot ginger soup is warm, comforting, healthy and deliciously flavorful – thanks to the curry and creamy coconut milk!
It’s vegan, too, so everyone can enjoy it. It makes a perfect starter for holiday meals or cozy lunch, especially with a hunk of crusty bread.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox. Plus, I'll send you great content every week!
Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup
I love coconut milk in soup. Not only is it wonderfully creamy, but it also rounds out the soup’s flavor with a bit of sweetness. And the ginger in this particular soup gives it a lovely hint of spice that really ties the whole thing together.
It seems like a fancy soup to make from scratch (which is great for holiday gatherings!), but it’s actually simple to make and doesn’t require very many ingredients. So really, it’s the best of both worlds and you should definitely try it! 🙂
For another savory fall soup recipe, check out this slow cooker pumpkin soup!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this curried carrot ginger soup:
- fresh ginger
- coconut milk (Light or regular, either is fine! Regular coconut milk will just yield a slightly thicker, creamier soup.)
- vegetable broth
- olive oil
- curry powder
Have extra carrots left over? Try these other delicious and nourishing carrot recipes!
How to Make Curried Carrot Soup with Coconut Milk
Start by putting all the ingredients (except the coconut milk and 1.5 cups of the veggie broth) into a large pot over high heat. Once boiling, lower to a simmer for about 15-20 minutes until the carrots are soft. At this point, pour in the remaining 1.5 cups of veggie broth and stir.
Let cool, then pour into a blender and puree until smooth (or, use an immersion blender if you have one!). Pour back into the pot, stir in the coconut milk, and warm over medium heat for a few minutes. Lastly, serve with a little cracked black pepper on top if desired!
How to Store Homemade Carrot Soup
Once fully cooled, place the soup into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can also freeze the soup (in a freezer-safe container or bag) for up to 6 months.
To reheat, warm in a pot on the stovetop over medium/medium high heat, making sure to bring to a boil and allow the soup to simmer for at least a couple minutes.
You’ll find the full curried carrot ginger soup recipe at the bottom of this post. Enjoy!
Looking for more cozy soup recipes? Check these out:
- Vegan Minestrone Soup
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- Thai Chicken Soup with Coconut Milk
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- Lentil Chili With Sweet Potatoes
Let me know how you like it by tagging me @fANNEtasticfood on social media, or by leaving a comment on this post.
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tiny garlic clove
- 1/4 inch piece fresh ginger, mashed
- 1/2 lb. carrots, chopped
- 3 C low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 C coconut milk (light or regular)
- Put the olive oil, curry powder, garlic, ginger, carrots, and 1.5 cups veggie broth in a pan on high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer until the carrots are soft (about 15 to 20 minutes). Near the end of the time, the veggie broth will have mostly evaporated, so pour in the remaining 1.5 cups.
- Once the carrots are soft, let the mixture cool a bit, then pour it into a blender and puree it!
- Transfer the puree back to a pot on medium heat, stir in the coconut milk, and serve warmed! Top with cracked black pepper if desired.