Morning guys! It’s a pretty one here in DC.
I met up with my friend Sokphal for a walk date this morning and we lucked out with some really nice sunrise views! Always fun to catch up with her via some movement. 🙂
The baby bump is really starting to limit my workout shirt options now – long and stretchy ones are the way to go because a lot of my looser but not long ones are turning into belly shirts! Thankfully my “will run for bacon” tank is still in the mix. 😉
As for food this week, I’m definitely back to the “I don’t really feel like eating but need to make myself even though nothing sounds good” phase of pregnancy – noooo! It’s always worse in the evenings, though, so I’m trying to get in more normal/nutritious breakfasts and lunches and then if I end up just having cheese and crackers for dinner (like I did on Monday night), it’s fine.
I did end up making one of our old fave staples last night, though – Saucy Tomato Artichoke Chicken (<- recipe). So fast and always yummy. We added some chopped olives to the mix, too, which was tasty. No rice sadly – I thought we had some but we are all out! The horror!
Avocado toast (and eggs) and I are having another moment as well! (See also: Avocado Toast Recipes for my favorite avo toast mix and match ideas!)
Yesterday morning I had a homemade variation with a delicious summery farmer’s market tomato (so good):
And on Monday I had Le Pain Quotidien’s variation while enjoying breakfast out with a friend in the city post-workout and pre-work – also tasty!
Also related to food: I caved and purchased an Instant Pot! (I got this one (affiliate link) – the 6 quart variation – it was on sale last week.)
I’m excited to play around with it. Any instant pot recipe requests? Or recipes that you already love that I should try first? 🙂 I think this will be especially helpful once the baby arrives!
And now, to round out this random all over the place post, I wanted to share that I’m thrilled to be participating in the first in a series of RD Round Table Events that my friend and fellow dietitian Heather Caplan is hosting! The events are meant for both current and future Registered Dietitians as a way to help them to refine and further their careers.
Each Round Table event:
- can be attended “live” or viewed at a later time that works with your schedule
- is virtual, accessible from any location, and open to all RDNs or dietitians-to-be (including nutrition students)
- is in application to be eligible for up to two continuing education credits
- is a one-hour conversation, including a Q&A with your submitted questions
- is capped at 40 seats
- includes a 1:1 mentoring call, summary workbook, and access to the live recording
Here are the events in the series:
- Dietitians Taking the Anti-Diet/Intuitive Eating Approach – Thursday, October 5 at 6:30 p.m. ET (this is the panel that I’ll be speaking on!)
- Dietetic Internship Experience: Tips + Guidance for the RD2Be – Thursday, October 19 at 6:30 p.m. ET
- RDN Job Searching and Networking: Navigating Your Career Path – Thursday, November 2 at 6:30 p.m. ET
- Careers in Eating Disorder Treatment & Recovery Therapies – Thursday, November 16 at 6:30 p.m. ET
- Dietitians Tackling Amenorrhea and Women’s Health – Thursday, December 7 at 6:30 p.m. ET
As I mentioned, I’m participating in the first event as one of the panelists, and will be joined by fellow intuitive eating dietitians Christy Harrison (if you haven’t checked out her podcast “Food Psych” yet, do it – it’s one of my faves in the intuitive eating/body positivity realm), Kim Hoban, and Robyn Nohling.
The discussion will focus on the philosophies of Intuitive Eating, Health at Every Size (HAES), and taking an anti-diet approach to nutrition (no matter what your dietetic career path). We will share how we have incorporated these philosophies into our private practices, writing, speaking, client sessions, and public work. We’ll also cover how this contradicts with traditional RDN education, and how to reckon with that. The Q&A session will feature submitted questions and requests from attendees who reserve a seat at the table.
Interested in joining us live, or in purchasing a discounted pass to listen to the recording later? Here is my affiliate link to reserve your spot – act fast because early bird pricing ends this Friday! You can sign up for specific sessions you are interested in, or purchase a full pass. Click on “reserve your seat” and scroll down in the form to see all the pricing options.
Have a nice day! Also, just an FYI that tomorrow is my birthday, so I’ll be taking the day off! See you guys back here on Friday with a birthday recap/week in review. 🙂