Hi guys – and happy Friday! I know those of you reading in the U.S. will likely be gearing up for a long holiday weekend. If you want a little recipe inspiration, check out my Healthy Labor Day Recipes post from last year! Lots of summery and grilled fun in that post.
We’ve been over here savoring summer this week with tacos!
Matt got this fun cast iron pan for his birthday – perfect for peppers and onions. They were sizzling just like restaurant fajitas! So fancy. 😉
Ready to eat! I went back for one more.
As for last night, we had our old fave Salmon with Lemon Mustard Dill Sauce! I forgot to get a photo but it was yummy… and easy to prep ahead so it didn’t take long to prepare. We had it with some roasted broccoli and rice.
We’ve also been enjoying Blue Apron meals as usual… nice to have those 3 meals set each week and then we usually plan 2 other meals on our own (this week being the tacos + dill salmon). The remaining 2 nights we just wing it or order in/eat out. We had a yummy sheet pan chicken one night this week from Blue Apron (just chicken drumsticks coated with BBQ sauce and baked, with sweet potatoes we seasoned with salt, pepper, and oil):
And then another night we had a yummy pan-seared cod with marinated tomatoes, sauteed peppers, rice, and I added some green beans to the mix, too.
The marinated cherry tomatoes really added a lot of flavor – it was just cherry tomatoes quartered and then put in a bowl with about a tablespoon of red wine vinegar (and some capers, but those weren’t 100% necessary). Try it – it was really yummy!
Have a fabulous long holiday weekend, friends! I’ll see you back here on Tuesday with a recap. And in the meantime, I’ll leave you with a few faves/articles of interest from around the web!
- How Fitness and Metabolism Change in Your 30s vs. 20s – interesting, useful post!
- One Pan Parmesan Caesar Chicken – definitely putting this on our to-make list
- Easy Baked Miso Chicken Thighs – this one too! we’ve been into chicken thighs lately – such good flavor!
- Dutch Baby Recipe – she had me at “pizza meets omelette meets quiche”
- How to Eat Mindfully in the Real World (and that doesn’t mean distraction-free) – loved this realistic article on mindful eating that doesn’t involve eating all meals in complete silence in an empty room by yourself…