Trying to get ahead of the game with holiday shopping for your favorite runner, fitness fan, foodie, or cook? Here are some of my favorites from around the web! Just a note that some affiliate links are included in this post.
For the Runner
- Shameless self plug: a copy of my Nutrition for Runners program! Nutrition for Runners is a comprehensive nutrition and training program for runners. In addition to meal guides, expert interviews, and a full recipe cookbook, it also includes a library of training plans (from my co-author, a running coach) designed for either performance or weight loss.
- A hydration pack. I love the Nathan Intensity Vest – it’s my go to for staying hydrated on the (long) run. Love the pockets in front – great for your phone and fuel! Extremely comfortable and no chaffing, either.
- Performance socks. Having socks that wick away sweat and don’t slip down is so key for a runner. I love both bombas socks (for every pair purchased, one is donated – love that) and Brooks running socks (that’s the women’s version – here’s the men’s).
- A race bib/medal holder. I have one in my office at home and love it! This combination bib/medal holder is especially cute for women.
- A commemorative race print. A company called Run Ink Design creates a custom frame-able race map that includes your runner’s finish time, bib number, and race date.
- A GPS watch. I have both the Garmin 225 and the Garmin 910xt – you can read my review/comparison of them in this post. For a cheaper but very well reviewed option, check out the Garmin Forerunner 10.
- Compression socks. I recommend CEP compression or Champion CSX. I wear compression socks around the house after runs, and sleeves during long runs when the weather isn’t too hot. They’ve really helped me with shin splint/ankle/calf tightness issues.
- Ice packs. So necessary for long distance runners! I love Pardice Packs (the cuffs) – they don’t sweat on you and the cuff design means they easily stay around your knees/ankles/legs.
- A running belt. I’ve had a SPIbelt for years – I wear it on shorter runs when I don’t have my water vest along for the ride and want to carry my phone. Stays put!
- A foam roller/stick. I recommend this foam roller – a foam roller is a must for any runner. Using this daily has made a huge difference in recovery/soreness for me! For travel, try The Stick – there are a variety of sizes and it’s more portable. It’s also easier to use while on the couch watching TV. 😉
For the Fitness Fan
- No-slip headbands. I recommend Sweaty Bands Elastic Sports Headbands – Among the very few headbands I’ve found that actually stay put on my head. Tons of cute colors/designs, too! Love the chevron ones.
- A yoga mat. This Jade Yoga Mat is my absolute favorite. Not slippery at all! And while you’re at it, a yoga mat sling makes a nice stocking stuffer. If you want a good gift for someone who does a lot of hot/heated yoga, consider a yoga towel – I have and love this Yoga Towel.
- A gym bag.
For The Cook/Foodie
- Fun oil and/or vinegar. Garlic olive oil and lemon olive oil are two Matt and I always love, and here is pretty olive oil/balsamic sampler.
- An espresso/coffee machine. We have the Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker and it’s my favorite thing in our kitchen. Another thing 100% worth the splurge is the Nespresso Aeroccino Plus milk foamer. It warms AND foams your milk (or you can have it just foam and keep the milk cold). We also have the Nifty Nespresso Carousel, which holds our capsules. I also recommend the Keurig Home Brewing System – this is Matt’s favorite thing in our kitchen! It’s super simple to use and makes great (and quick) coffee and tea! You can also buy a reusable K-cup so you can use your own loose leaf tea or ground coffee. If you already have a Keurig, a K-cup carousel is a fun addition.
- Tools that make cooking easier. Some recs: a garlic press, an oil mister, silicone baking mats (no stick!), a knife sharpener, an egg slicer, a peeler, a zester/grater.
- Cookbooks. I love Clean Food, the True Food Cookbook, and the Thug Kitchen Cookbook (Eat Like You Give a F*ck!).
- A Stitch Fix gift card! Fashion delivered to her door.
- Here are My Favorite Books – non-cookbooks. Good stocking stuffers!
- The greatest slippers of all time – I have two pairs and literally never take them off. If I am home, these are on my feet.
What’s on your holiday wish list?