Introducing your new favorite weeknight meal: garlic sheet pan chicken and veggies! Packed with flavor from fresh herbs and garlic, you’ll want to make this one pan dish over and over.
It’s easy, healthy, and super versatile. Use whatever veggies you have in your fridge, whatever grains you have in your pantry, and you’ve got yourself a full meal!
One Pan Roasted Chicken Breast and Vegetables
Who doesn’t love a one pan, less mess meal?! Sheet pan meals make weeknight dinners quick and painless. Just toss everything in the garlic herb seasoning, place on a pan, and roast away!
Garlic and herbs accentuate the juicy chicken and crispy roasted veggies. I used broccoli, bell peppers, and zucchini here, but feel free to switch it up. Just keep in mind if you’re using heartier veggies like potatoes, sweet potatoes, and/or carrots, they’ll probably need to start roasting sooner than the chicken (because they’ll take longer to cook).
I also like to add a side of quinoa or brown rice to complete the meal! (Check out this post on how to cook quinoa for inspiration.)
Sheet Pan Garlic Chicken Ingredients
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- chicken breasts
- vegetables (I used broccoli, zucchini, and bell peppers, but any combo would be great – cauliflower, green beans, carrots, brussels sprouts, etc.)
- fresh rosemary
- fresh thyme
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
You can also use frozen vegetables here! You just might need to cook them longer. Here’s a guide on how to roast frozen veggies.
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken & Veggies
Start by prepping your sauce and veggies.
First, chop your vegetables into bite-sized pieces, chop the fresh herbs, and mince the garlic. Then, in a small bowl or jar, combine chopped herbs, garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk or shake to mix well.
Next, cover your sheet pan with a piece of parchment paper or foil for easier cleanup. Place your chicken breasts on top, and spread the veggies in a (mostly) single layer next to the chicken.
If you need/want to use two separate pans for your chicken and your veggies, that works too!
Next, pour half of the garlic herb mixture over the chicken breasts, and the other half over the vegetables. Toss to coat the veggies.
Bake at 375 degrees F for about 20 minutes. Then, use a meat thermometer to check that the chicken is fully cooked (it should be at least 165 degrees F).
Lastly, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes (this helps keep it juicy), then serve!
You’ll find the full sheet pan chicken and veggies recipe at the bottom of this post. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to check out my other mix & match sheet pan recipes:
And if you’re looking for more super easy dinner recipes, check these out:
- Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs
- Lemon Dijon Sheet Pan Salmon Dinner
- Sheet Pan Maple Curry Chicken
- Healthy Chicken Enchiladas
- Baked Pesto Salmon with Veggies
- Tomato Garlic Pasta with Ground Turkey
- Baked Sesame Tofu with Veggies
- Greek Lamb Burgers with Feta
- Healthy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Sheet Pan Asian Salmon with Veggies
- Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Black Beans
- 1-2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- desired vegetables (ex: broccoli, bell peppers, zucchini, etc.)
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk chopped herbs, garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste until combined. Set aside.
- Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place your chicken breasts on top, and spread the veggies in a (mostly) single layer next to the chicken.
- Pour half of the garlic herb mixture over the chicken breasts, and the other half over the vegetables. Toss the veggies to coat.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
- Use a meat thermometer to check that the chicken is fully cooked in the middle (at least 165 degrees F).
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes, then serve!
Heartier vegetables like potatoes, squash, or carrots should be roasted longer. Start roasting these sooner, then add the chicken and other veggies to the sheet pan in the last 20 minutes of cooking.