We are on a huge Mediterranean food kick at our house right now. For the past month or two we’ve had a variation of this sheet pan Mediterranean chicken thighs meal once a week, and I am not complaining!
The proteins change, and the veggies are mixed up, but the briny olives, salty feta, and chewy orzo are non-negotiable (for us, at least!).
Also non-negotiable? The lemon. A squeeze of lemon always elevates a meal like this from good to awesome.
We’ve made some variations of this on the stove, which is easy enough. But since sheet pan recipes are basically the best ever because you can prep it and forget it, I figured my official blog recipe needed to incorporate a sheet pan!
(psst: Love sheet pan meals? Check out this blog post for more inspiration: mix + match sheet pan dinners.)
Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken & Veggies
This sheet pan chicken meal takes a little while to cook, but the beauty is that once you’ve chopped your veggies and tossed them on the pan, the rest is all hands-off.
The other beauty of this meal? It’s flexible!
Not into chicken thighs? No worries, try chicken breasts. (You may need to increase the roasting time, depending on the size of the chicken, and whether or not it’s boneless or bone-in.)
Not into chicken? Salmon would be delicious here, too – just bake it for less time. Either way, you’ll get a delicious meal packed with bright Mediterranean flavors.
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- chicken thighs: I used bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs here for extra flavor and juiciness. But you can definitely use boneless, skinless chicken instead – it just might not take as long to cook! Chicken breast works too. I recommend using an oven-safe thermometer for roasting chicken. That way, you know right away when it’s done (165 degrees Fahrenheit) and there’s no guesswork!
- cherry tomatoes
- kalamata olives: I know these can be polarizing, as the flavor can be a bit intense for some. They add great Mediterranean flavor if you like them, but feel free to leave these out if you’re not a fan!
- red onion
- feta: If you don’t have feta on hand, mozzarella works here too.
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
Want different veggies? You do you! Bell peppers would be a delicious addition or alternative to the zucchini and onion.
(For more delicious Mediterranean-inspired recipes, check out these Greek lamb burgers with feta or Mediterranean chicken stuffed peppers.)
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs
To get this meal going, simply chop up your veggies and place them on a sheet pan with your chicken.
(Or, depending on the size of your sheet pan and how soft you want your veggies to be, use two sheet pans! You want to make sure there isn’t too much crowding on your pan, otherwise the food won’t cook evenly.)
Drizzle everything with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, garlic, and a pinch of salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
Toss it together until evenly coated. Arrange everything in a single layer, and then bake!
At about the 35 minute mark (once the chicken is browned), sprinkle the olives and feta into the pan. Bake for another 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Side Dishes for Mediterranean Chicken
This sheet pan chicken and veggie meal is delicious served atop orzo, but there are tons of other sides that would be tasty too! Here are some ideas:
- brown rice
- Lemony Quinoa Salad with Spinach
- Mediterranean Bulgur Salad with Lemon Mint Vinaigrette
- Quinoa Salad with Avocado & Arugula
- chickpea pasta
Either way, enjoy!
You’ll find the full recipe at the bottom of this post. Enjoy, and please let me know how you like it!
Want more sheet pan recipe inspiration?
In addition to my mix + match sheet pan recipes blog post, here are a few others to try:
- Sheet Pan Asian Salmon with Veggies
- Baked Sesame Tofu with Veggies
- Sheet Pan Maple Curry Chicken
- Sheet Pan Eggs with Potatoes & Veggies
- Lemon Dijon Sheet Pan Salmon Dinner
- Garlic Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
And here are some tasty chicken recipes you may like, too:
- Pan Seared Chicken Thighs with Pomegranate Glaze
- Crockpot Mexican Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs with Maple Mustard Sauce
- Watermelon Chicken with Balsamic Glaze
Sheet Pan Mediterranean Chicken Thighs
This flavorful Mediterranean-themed sheet pan recipe is sure to be your new weeknight favorite. The leftovers make for a great packed lunch, too!
- About 2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced (about 2 heaping cups zucchini slices)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt, pepper, lemon, and red pepper flakes, to taste
- whole wheat orzo and lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Place chicken and vegetables on a sheet pan. Sprinkle with oregano, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a pinch each of salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add a squeeze of lemon juice. Toss everything together until seasonings coat the chicken and veggies, then arrange into a (mostly) single layer on the sheet pan.
3. Bake chicken and veggies for 35 minutes, until chicken skin is nearly golden brown.
4. Sprinkle the olives and feta evenly over the pan. Continue cooking for 5 more minutes, until the chicken skin is deep golden brown, the chicken is cooked through, and the veggies are tender.
5. Serve over whole wheat orzo with lemon wedges to garnish.