These crockpot honey sriracha meatballs made with ground turkey are super flavorful with a deliciously sticky sauce.
Enjoy as an appetizer, or serve with your favorite sides and you’ve got a yummy meal everyone will love!
Crockpot Turkey Meatballs with Honey Sriracha Sauce
These meatballs are SO good. They’re the perfect combination of sweet, spicy, and salty with lots of ginger and garlic flavor. The sauce is really incredible and pulls it all together.
Plus, the meatballs get super tender after simmering in the sauce in the slow cooker.
I like to serve these with soba noodles and green beans – it goes together so well. The sauce was so good mixed together with everything, too. (More ideas on what to pair these with as a full meal are below.)
That said, these are also delicious as an appetizer. Just grab some toothpicks and they’ll disappear in no time!
For another tasty and easy appetizer idea, try these BBQ chicken sliders!
Love sriracha? Check out these Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Sriracha Sauce or this Sriracha Tofu Stir Fry!
Honey Sriracha Meatballs Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make these delicious turkey meatballs:
- ground turkey (ground chicken would work too)
- fresh ginger
- sriracha (you can find this at most grocery stores)
- low sodium soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce if needed)
- hoisin sauce (you can usually find this in the same aisle as the sriracha in the grocery store)
- rice vinegar
- cornstarch (this helps thicken the sauce)
Many of these ingredients are shelf-stable or last a long time, so you can easily buy the ingredients ahead of time.
And, you can keep them on hand to make yourself another batch of meatballs later on. Believe me: you’ll want to! 🙂
For another tasty recipe with ground turkey/chicken, try this glazed ground chicken meatloaf!
If you want to save some prep time, skip the ginger/garlic chopping and buy the frozen ginger and garlic cubes from Trader Joe’s instead. It’s a great shortcut!
If you’re serving these meatballs as a meal (as opposed to as an appetizer), you’ll also want to buy ingredients for sides. I’ve included some side dish inspiration later in this post.
How to Make Asian Turkey Meatballs in a Slow Cooker
Start by combining all the meatball ingredients into a large bowl. Use your hands to mix together (don’t over-mix, though!).
Then, scoop the mixture into small balls and gently shape with your hands. Place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
Next, bake for 20 minutes, until firm. (Baking them first helps them stay together later when they’re simmering in the crockpot with the sauce).
While the meatballs are baking, whisk together the sauce directly in the slow cooker insert.
Once the meatballs are done baking, add them to the crockpot and stir to coat with the sauce. Put on the lid and cook on low for 2 hours.
Next, we want to thicken the sauce so it sticks to the meatballs. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water together. Pour into the crockpot and stir.
Lastly, turn the crockpot on high for 15 more minutes. Garnish with sliced scallions and sesame seeds (if desired) and serve!
Side Dish Ideas
Want to make this dish a meal, but not sure what to pair it with? Here are some tasty ideas:
- Green beans and soba noodles (as pictured)
- Sautéed bok choy and brown rice
- Miso & Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Make a bowl with the meatballs, cucumber, grated carrots, cabbage, and rice
- Use them as the filling for lettuce wraps
Enjoy – I hope you love them!
Looking for more crockpot meals? Check these out:
- Crockpot Mexican Chicken
- Honey Lemon Chicken (Slow Cooker)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Crockpot Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken Stew
- Crockpot Balsamic Chicken
- Overnight Crockpot French Toast Casserole
Honey Sriracha Turkey Meatballs (Crockpot)
These crockpot honey sriracha meatballs made with ground turkey are so flavorful. They're easy to make and work as a main dish or appetizer!
For the meatballs:
- 2 lb ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped or grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped or grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- thinly sliced scallions, sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix gently with your hands to combine. Be careful not to overmix.
- Scoop meatballs into about 2 tablespoon balls and place on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Bake the meatballs for 20 minutes, until firm. This will help the meatballs stay together as they simmer in the sauce.
- Meanwhile, combine the soy sauce, honey, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, sriracha, ginger, and garlic in the bottom of a crockpot insert. Whisk to combine.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce in the crockpot, toss to coat, put the lid on, and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Mix the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until no lumps remain. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the crockpot and stir gently.
- Turn the crockpot to high and cook for 15 minutes, until the sauce has thickened and coats the meatballs. Serve garnished with scallions and sesame seeds.