These sesame ginger ground turkey lettuce wraps are on the table in 15 minutes flat – and make a delicious and healthy weeknight meal!
It’s packed with flavor, thanks to the sesame seeds/oil and fresh ginger, and the veggies give it a little crunch.
Want more lettuce wrap recipe ideas? Check out my Healthy Lettuce Wrap Recipes post!
Why I Love Ground Turkey in Lettuce Wraps
Not only is ground turkey a healthy protein option, but it works well with a variety of flavors. In this case, it keeps its own flavor while also soaking in the delicious soy and sesame sauce. It’s a perfect combination.
Plus, it’s also super easy to cook. Essentially, you just throw it in a pan and saute until the ground turkey is no longer pink. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
Not only that, but you can easily freeze raw ground turkey to keep it on hand for future meals. You can even leave it in its original packaging – just wrap in foil, place in a freezer-friendly plastic bag, and label it with the date in sharpie. It should keep for three months in the freezer.
To thaw, just place the frozen turkey in the fridge the day before you plan to cook it. If you have frozen ground turkey on hand, this makes a perfect last-minute healthy dinner!
How to Make Turkey Lettuce Wraps
This recipe is simple and delicious. First, saute green onions, ginger, shredded carrots, and ground turkey with soy sauce, sesame oil, and rice vinegar. Then, spoon the mixture onto a bed of lettuce and you’re good to go! Easy.
I love the crunch that the shredded carrots add. However, you can also use shredded cabbage if you have that on hand. Or, add both! The more veggies, the merrier.
I recommend using bibb or butter lettuce, because it’s sturdier and easier to fill like a ‘wrap’. Sprinkle a little torn cilantro over the finished product, and you’re ready to dig in!
This recipe calls for a sesame and ginger sauce, but you can also try it with other sauces – like my Thai Peanut Sauce, for example. (Get the recipe in this post).
However you make it, enjoy!
Love these quick & easy dinner ideas? Check out more of my favorite fast dinner recipes!
- Pesto Baked Salmon with Veggies
- Easy Coconut Curry
- Peanut Sauce Stir Fry with Shrimp
- Saucy Tomato & Artichoke Chicken
- Healthy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Sriracha Sauce
- Sheet Pan Asian Salmon with Veggies
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 head bibb or butter lettuce
- fresh cilantro, green onions, and lime slices
- Heat the sesame oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the green onions and ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the turkey and carrots and cook until the turkey is mostly browned, with only a little pink left.
- Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame seeds. Continue to cook until the turkey is cooked through and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve in lettuce cups with cilantro, green onions, and lime to garnish.