These sesame ginger ground turkey lettuce wraps are on the table in 15 minutes flat – and make a delicious and healthy weeknight meal!
Want more lettuce wrap recipe ideas? Check out my Healthy Lettuce Wrap Recipes post!
Why I Love Ground Turkey in Lettuce Wraps
Not only is ground turkey a healthy protein option, but it works well with a variety of flavors. In this case, it keeps its own flavor while also soaking in the delicious soy & sesame sauce. It’s a perfect combination!
Plus, it’s also super easy to cook. Just throw it in a pan and saute until it’s no longer pink.
Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps Recipe
This recipe is simple and delicious. First, saute green onions, ginger, shredded carrots, and ground turkey with soy sauce, sesame oil, and rice vinegar. Then, spoon the mixture onto a bed of lettuce and you’re good to go! Easy.
I love the crunch that the shredded carrots add. However, you can also use shredded cabbage if you have that on hand. Or, add both! The more veggies, the merrier.
This recipe calls for a sesame & ginger sauce, but you can also try it with other sauces – like my Thai Peanut Sauce, for example. (Get the recipe in this post).
Love these quick & easy dinner ideas? Check out more of my favorite fast dinner recipes!
- Pesto Baked Salmon with Veggies
- Easy Coconut Curry
- Peanut Sauce Stir Fry with Shrimp
- Saucy Tomato & Artichoke Chicken
- Healthy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Sriracha Sauce
- Sheet Pan Asian Salmon with Veggies
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 head bibb or butter lettuce
- fresh cilantro, green onions, and lime slices
- Heat the sesame oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the green onions and ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the turkey and carrots and cook until the turkey is mostly browned, with only a little pink left.
- Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame seeds. Continue to cook until the turkey is cooked through and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve in lettuce cups with cilantro, green onions, and lime to garnish.