These oatmeal dark chocolate cookies are healthy and delicious, made from all whole grains and with the addition of flax seed for an extra fatty acid nutrition boost. They are not overly sweet, but the dark chocolate adds a lovely decadence to them. Enjoy!
- 2 & 1/4 C rolled oats
- 1/2 C whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C ground flaxseed
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C milk (any kind -- or dairy substitute)
- 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 C dark chocolate chips (or raisins, cranberries, etc.)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. In two separate bowls, add wet and dry ingredients, then add wet to dry and mix until more or less uniform.
- Spoon cookie batter onto two nonstick or greased cookie sheets — this recipe makes about 24 small-ish cookies.
- Pop them in the oven and bake about 12 minutes.
- ENJOY! These are especially delicious still warm, with a glass of milk. 🙂