I’m in LOVE with these coconut banana oatmeal cookies. The flavors of banana, coconut, and oats pair perfectly in fluffy, hearty cookies that make a perfect snack or healthy dessert!
They’re 100% whole wheat, free of refined sugar, and packed with healthy ingredients like Greek yogurt, flax seed, oats, and raisins.
Coconut Banana Oatmeal Cookies
I’ve been snacking on these nonstop lately! I make a batch during the weekend and store them in the freezer, then microwave them during the week when I’m craving something sweet.
Such an amazing snack or healthy dessert. They’re delicious hot and fresh from the oven or hot and fresh from the microwave. 😉
Have some browning bananas to use up? Here are 9 tasty recipes that use overripe bananas.
Banana Coconut Cookies Ingredients
To make these cookies, you’ll need:
- old-fashioned oats
- whole wheat pastry flour
- shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- ground flaxseed
- baking soda
- ripe bananas
- plain Greek yogurt
- maple syrup
- raisins (or dried cranberries, chocolate chips, etc.)
- vanilla extract
The key is to use ripe bananas for maximum flavor and natural sweetness. Unsweetened coconut adds nutty, toasty flavor without tons of sugar, and pure maple syrup adds just the right amount of sweetness and helps bind the cookies together. The result is a cookie that’s not too sweet but is packed with flavor.
How to Make Banana Oatmeal Cookies
They’re super easy to make, too! Just stir together the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, then mix together until combined.
Scoop the dough onto a baking sheet, bake, and voila – delicious cookies that are moist and fluffy, almost like an oatmeal banana coconut muffin top!
These would be perfect for packing in kids’ lunches for a sweet treat that’s still healthy. And, they’d be equally delicious with chocolate chips or dried cranberries in place of the raisins!
The full coconut banana oatmeal cookies recipe is at the bottom of this post. Enjoy!
Looking for more healthy snack recipes? Here are some of my favorites!
- Healthy Peanut Butter Power Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Energy Bites
- Red Lentil Granola Bars
- Salty Maple Nut Energy Bites
- Vegan & Gluten Free Granola Bars
- Sweet Potato Cranberry Coconut Muffins
- Almond Butter Banana Breakfast Bars
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raisins (or dried cranberries or chocolate chips)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients (oats through salt).
- In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients (banana through vanilla), and then slowly add wet to dry, stirring gently until mostly uniform. There will probably still be some banana chunks, it’s fine!
- Spoon batter onto a cooking-sprayed or nonstick cookie sheet (or two, depending how large or small you want the cookies).
- Bake about 14 minutes until lightly browned.