These vegan oatmeal cookies with pumpkin are healthy & delicious! Throw a batch together and enjoy them as an easy on-the-go snack or healthy dessert.
They’re soft and chewy, and the pumpkin adds extra nutrients and flavor.
Vegan Oatmeal Cookies with Pumpkin
These cookies are healthy enough to eat for breakfast! They are refined sugar free (sweetened only with maple syrup and ripe bananas), made with fiber filled oats and whole wheat pastry flour, and packed with Vitamin A from the pumpkin.
How to Make Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
Here’s what you’ll need to make these scrumptious cookies:
- whole wheat pastry flour
- ground flaxseed
- baking soda
- pumpkin pie spice
- sea salt
- ripe banana
- canned pumpkin
- maple syrup
- dried cranberries (or raisins, cherries, or chocolate chips)
- vanilla extract
These are super easy to make! Start by preheating your oven to 350. In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients.
Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry, stirring gently until mostly uniform. There will probably still be some banana chunks – that’s fine!
Next, spoon the batter onto a cooking-sprayed or nonstick cookie sheet, leaving space between each spoonful. Bake for about 14 minutes, until lightly browned. Allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack for a bit, then enjoy! The end result should be soft and chewy. 🙂
Now all that’s left to do is enjoy. 🙂 Store leftover cookies in an airtight container on the counter for a maximum of 5 days.
The full recipe is at the bottom of this post!
Looking for more yummy snack/dessert ideas? Check out these recipes:
- Oatmeal Coconut Cookie Recipe with Banana
- Vegan Carrot Cake Muffins Recipe
- Healthy Peanut Butter Power Cookies
- Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Quinoa Bars
- No Bake Vegan Lemon Bars
- No Bake Blueberry Custard Pie (vegan + gluten free)
- Pear Ginger Honey Muffins Recipe
- Pumpkin Biscotti with Goji Berries (Whole Wheat)
- Chewy Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- Dairy & Gluten-free Peach Muffin Recipe
- 1/2 C oats
- 1/2 C whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tbsp. finely ground flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 large very ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 C pumpkin
- 1/8 C pure maple syrup
- 1/6 C dried cranberries (or raisins, cherries, or chocolate chips)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients, and then slowly add wet to dry, stirring gently until mostly uniform (there will probably still be some banana chunks, it’s fine!).
- Spoon batter onto a cooking-sprayed or nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake about 14 minutes until lightly browned. They should be soft and chewy.