My friend Lauren shared this simple baked oatmeal recipe for breakfast on a girls trip to Georgia; it was so delicious (and easy) I knew I had to share.
- 2 cups rolled or quick oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup dried fruit (we used raisins)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (e.g. walnuts or almonds; optional)
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 & 1/2 cup milk or almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 very ripe bananas, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring gently until mixed.
- Coat an 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray; pour in batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until firm. Serve warm.
Check out these other easy, delicious breakfast recipes!
- Perfect Microwave Banana Oatmeal
- Vegan Quinoa Breakfast Bake
- Microwave Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookie For One