These Healthy Pumpkin Muffins have a great flavor, the perfect amount of sweetness, and a nice, soft texture. Nutritious, too!
Per my usual standard, these come together quickly. Simply mix together the dry and the wet separately, then gently combine. Be sure to use whole wheat PASTRY flour (or white whole wheat flour) not regular whole wheat flour, or these will come out tough/too dense.
Pour into a baking tin or loaf pan, bake, and a little while later your kitchen will smell amazing.
Then it’s time to enjoy. 🙂 The full recipe is below – have fun!
- 1.5 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup raisins (or chocolate chips)
- 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites (this is equal to 1/3 C liquid egg whites from a carton)
Preheat oven to 350.
- In two separate bowls, mix dry, then wet, and then combine, adding wet to dry and stirring gently until the mixture is uniform-ish.
- Depending if you are making bread or muffins, either spoon the mixture into a non-stick (or greased) muffin tray or bread pan.
- Pop them in the oven for about 25 minutes (for muffins) or 75 minutes (for bread) and do a fork check near the end to test done-ness.