I have a new recipe for you to try tomorrow morning:
Gluten Free Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes!
A fun seasonal variation on my old fave flour free protein pancake. You’re welcome.
With the exception of occasional appearances in my Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, pumpkin hasn’t gotten as much love on this blog recently as it did in previous years!
Here’s a video showing just how easy this flour free pumpkin pancake is to make:
It was time to change that.
This recipe restored my love for pumpkin and for sneaking vegetables into breakfast.
All is right again with the world.
- 1 medium very ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/4 cup canned (pureed) pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed (great source of healthy fat!)
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- Few shakes of cinnamon, plus a pinch of nutmeg and ground cloves
- Combine all above ingredients in a bowl (mash the banana first unless you want a big mess) and mix until somewhat uniform.
- Then, pour the mixture into a small pan (an omelette sized pan works best -- be sure to grease it first) over low heat. Let the pancake cook untouched about 10 minutes, or until it starts sizzling and the pancake is firm enough to flip.
- Cook another minute or two on the other side, then serve and enjoy! I love topping mine with fresh blueberries and/or some plain yogurt (pictured) – no syrup needed!
This pancake is best enjoyed with a latte by its side… and while still in your PJs.
If you like this recipe, you’ll love my High Protein & Flour Free Breakfast Pancake, too!
Also: give my Paleo Pumpkin Muffins a shot!
What’s your favorite kind of pancake?
Really love pumpkin?
Here are more recipes to try: Healthy Pumpkin Recipes.