I have a new recipe for you to try this fall: Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Pancakes! It’s a fun seasonal variation on my old fave flour free protein pancake. You’re welcome. 😉
Whenever autumn rolls around and the leaves start to change, I can’t wait to break out my pumpkin recipes. And this one is no different – it’s comforting, filling, and has all those delicious fall flavors I crave.
These pancakes are easy enough to make any day of the week! (But there’s something extra special about Sunday morning pancakes, isn’t there?)
Here’s a video showing just how easy this flour free pumpkin pancake is to make:
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes Recipe
With the exception of occasional appearances in my Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, pumpkin hasn’t gotten as much love on this blog recently as it did in previous years. It was time to change that. So I whipped up these fall-inspired pancakes, and I haven’t looked back since!
This recipe restored my love for pumpkin and for sneaking vegetables into breakfast. All is right again with the world.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe:
- super ripe banana
- pureed pumpkin (canned)
- ground flaxseed
- vanilla extract
- ground cloves
I especially love these pancakes sprinkled with some chopped pecans and a dollop of Greek yogurt. But a drizzle of maple syrup and/or a handful of blueberries works too. Whatever floats your boat!
How to Make Pumpkin Pancakes
This particular recipe makes one pancake, but you can easily double or triple the ingredients to make more.
Start by mashing the banana in a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well (until somewhat uniform).
Then, grease a small frying pan and pour in the mixture. (An omelette-sized pan works best). Cook over low heat for about 10 minutes (without touching it), or until it starts sizzling and seems firm enough to flip.
Flip the pancake and cook another 1-2 minutes on that side. Then, it’s ready to eat!
This pancake is best enjoyed with a latte by its side… and while still in your PJs.
Enjoy! You’ll find the full pumpkin spice pancakes recipe at the bottom of this post.
If you like this recipe, you’ll love my High Protein & Flour Free Breakfast Pancake, too!
What’s your favorite kind of pancake?
Really love pumpkin? Here are more recipes to try:
- Vegan Oatmeal Cookies with Pumpkin
- Savory Pumpkin Dip
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins (or Bread)
- Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Goji Biscotti
- 1 medium very ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/4 cup canned (pureed) pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed (great source of healthy fat!)
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- Few shakes of cinnamon, plus a pinch of nutmeg and ground cloves
- Combine all above ingredients in a bowl (mash the banana first unless you want a big mess) and mix until somewhat uniform.
- Then, pour the mixture into a small pan (an omelette sized pan works best -- be sure to grease it first) over low heat. Let the pancake cook untouched about 10 minutes, or until it starts sizzling and the pancake is firm enough to flip.
- Cook another minute or two on the other side, then serve and enjoy! I love topping mine with fresh blueberries and/or some plain yogurt (pictured) – no syrup needed!