I love having easy snacks on hand, and these vanilla protein balls with figs are a great way to combat that afternoon hunger! Slightly sweet dried figs pair so well with the nutty flavors of ground flax, walnuts, and almonds.
These energy bites are flavorful, nutritious, and so easy to make. There’s no baking required – all you need is a food processor.
Perfect for making ahead and storing in the fridge for when hunger strikes!
Healthy Fig Newton Bliss Balls
These taste a lot like Fig Newtons, but a homemade version (and without added sugar). And, they’re packed with protein and healthy fat from the walnuts and almonds, so they’ll help keep you full longer.
Between the figs, nuts, and flax, these have a great texture. And the vanilla extract adds a little sweetness. It’s a unique and delicious flavor combo – you’ll be so glad you tried it!
These are awesome for make-ahead snack prep, too. You can make them early in the week and enjoy all week long.
My daughter loves them, too – she’s obsessed with figs!
Vanilla Protein Balls Ingredients
To make these fig and vanilla protein balls, you’ll need the following. (See the full recipe details at the end of the post in the recipe card!)
- dried figs
- ground flaxseed
- vanilla extract
How to Make Protein Balls with Almonds, Walnuts, and Figs
And now: how to make these fabulous energy bites!
Combine all ingredients into a food processor and whirl away until the mixture is finely-ground and clumps together when you press on it. (Should take about 1 minute).
Divide this mixture into 12 equal amounts, then use your hands (or a cookie scoop) to roll them into balls.
Alternatively, press the mixture into a baking dish and cut into squares or rectangles – whatever works!
Enjoy right away, or store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days. Just don’t be surprised if they disappear faster than you expect. 😉
I hope you love these!
Feel free to experiment with them, too. Switch out different types of nuts, add chocolate chips, or maybe even drizzle a little almond butter on top. Yum!
Don’t forget to check out my other mix and match energy bites recipes, too:
Have you tried making no-bake energy bites before? What’s your favorite flavor combo?
Looking for more healthy & easy snack ideas? Check these out:
- Cheesy Sun-Dried Tomato Pizza Granola Bars
- Cinnamon Raisin Almond Bites
- Coconut Banana Chia Pudding
- Avocado Toast (12 Topping Ideas)
- Homemade Granola Bars with Peanut Butter
- No Bake Chocolate Coconut Date Balls
- Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bars
- No Bake Turmeric Ginger Energy Balls
- Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Quinoa Bars
- Tart Cherry Pie Snack Balls
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 cup dried figs
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt*
- Place dried figs, nuts, flax, vanilla extract, and salt in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until the mixture is finely ground and clumps together when pressed (usually about 1 minute).
- Divide the mixture into 12 even pieces and roll into balls.
*If using salted nuts, omit the added pinch of salt.