These peanut butter bliss balls are incredibly tasty and super easy homemade snacks. Healthy, delicious, and just 5 ingredients – and there’s no baking or food processing required!
They’re perfectly chewy, full of flavor, and have just the right amount of sweetness. Dried cranberries add a bit of tartness, and you can’t go wrong with the peanut butter and oats combo.
Easy Peanut Butter Balls with Oats
There’s a coffee shop in my neighborhood that sells the most amazing peanut butter snack balls, and I’ve been meaning to get a variation of them on the blog for ages now!
Well, friends, rejoice – it’s finally time! Introducing your new favorite portable snack: PB Bliss Balls.
There’s a reason these are called bliss balls – every bite is pure happiness! They’re super peanut buttery with a hint of honey for just the right amount of sweetness.
Plus, they couldn’t be simpler to make! You just stir everything together, chill, and roll into balls. The prep time is very minimal.
I’ve been putting them in my Stasher bags (affiliate link) for easy portability when we’re out and about, and they’re the perfect afternoon or mid-morning snack. Each little bite is packed with protein and flavor.
No Bake Snack Bites Ingredients
You only need 5 ingredients to make these tasty peanut butter bliss balls:
- peanut butter (Natural peanut butter is best here as it’s got the ideal texture – creamy and drippy, not too thick – and it doesn’t have all those unnecessary additives that some peanut butter has.)
- oats (Be sure to use gluten-free certified oats if you need this recipe to remain gluten free.)
- chia seeds
- honey (This acts as a binder to keep all the ingredients together when you roll them into balls, plus it adds a bit of sweetness!)
- dried cranberries (Or your favorite dried fruit.)
Of course, feel free to put your own spin on these and toss in your own additions! I’ll share some recipe variation inspiration later in the post.
How to Make Bliss Balls with Peanut Butter
You only need 10 minutes of prep time to whip up these dreamy PB bites! Start by combining all the ingredients (there are only 5!) in a large bowl and mixing until well combined.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or foil, then chill in the fridge for about 15 minutes. (This makes it easier to roll the mixture together).
Next, use a spoon or cookie scoop to scoop about a tablespoon worth of mixture into your hand, then roll into a ball. Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
If you’re feeling lazy, you can also just press the mixture into a pan and slice into squares once it has chilled a bit to keep it super simple – you do you!
Then, it’s time to enjoy! Beware: they’ll disappear faster than you might think. 😉
These bliss balls will last for about a week in the fridge.
I recommend storing them in an airtight container with a piece of wax or parchment paper between each ball. (This prevents them from sticking together). Or, just toss them into zip-top or reusable snack bags.
Bliss Balls Recipe Variations
There are tons of ways to mix and match these delectable energy bites! Here are some ideas:
- Swap out the dried cranberries for a different dried fruit: apricots, goji berries, figs, and cherries would all be amazing!
- Add in mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans, etc.), or your favorite seeds (ex: sunflower seeds). In this case, you may need to add a little more nut butter and/or honey to make sure the mixture sticks together with the extra add-ins.
- Switch the peanut butter out for natural almond butter or cashew butter. You can also make them with sunflower seed butter to make them nut free.
- Toss in some shredded or flaked coconut for even more texture and flavor!
These are definitely a popular snack in our household. I hope they’re just as popular in yours. 🙂 Enjoy!
Looking for more no bake snack ideas? Check these out:
- Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Chocolate Coconut Date Balls
- Vanilla Protein Balls with Figs
- Turmeric Ginger Energy Balls
- Savory Curry Granola Bars
- Cinnamon Raisin Almond Energy Balls
- Oatmeal Raisin Energy Bites
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup diced dried cranberries
- pinch of salt (omit if using salted peanut butter)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix until combined, then chill for about 15 minutes to make the mixture easier to roll into balls.
- Scoop the mixture into tablespoonfuls and roll into balls. Store in the fridge for up to a week.