These Whole Wheat Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins are moist, delicious, healthy, and portable, with a tasty jelly surprise in the middle.
Just like your favorite peanut butter and jelly sandwich — but more fun!
In addition to being a great snack or portable breakfast, these also make great pre-run fuel! Enjoy!
Here’s the full recipe.
If you try it, let me know how you like it @fANNEtasticfood on social media, or by leaving a comment on this blog post!
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 & ½ cups whole wheat pastry (or all-purpose, or white whole wheat) flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup whole milk (or dairy free substitute)
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 12 teaspoons jam (any flavor — I used strawberry)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients (cereal, flour, sugar, baking powder & soda). In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients, except for jelly.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, mixing lightly until uniform.
- In a greased muffin tin, fill each cup about half way with batter. Place a teaspoon of jam in each cup, then cover the jelly with the second half of the batter.
- Bake 20 minutes.