Good morning! New recipe for you guys today – a gluten free & dairy free Oatmeal Breakfast Bake made with Almond Breeze & almond flour!
I’ve been getting more requests for gluten free friendly recipes lately, so I figured a gluten free breakfast bread/casserole would be something you all would enjoy. If you want to keep this recipe gluten free, make sure to get GF certified oats – they’re naturally gluten free but often contaminated in processing.
For this recipe, I decided to try out this fun new almond coconut milk from Almond Breeze – as the name indicates, it’s a mix of almond milk and coconut milk. Cool, huh? I bet it would be good in coffee, too…
The breakfast bake came out delicious – and the recipe is super quick and easy. Enjoy it!
Oatmeal Breakfast Bake (gluten & dairy free)
Makes 8 servings
This simple, nutritious recipe serves as a great breakfast or snack. Great for a group brunch, too! Enjoy plain or topped with yogurt or fresh fruit.
- 1 cup almond flour/meal, packed
- 2 cups oats (make sure they are GF certified if you need this recipe to stay GF)
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Almond Breeze almond coconut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375.
1) In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
2) In a separate bowl, mash bananas. Beat in eggs with bananas, then add almond coconut milk and vanilla extract and mix. Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring gently until mixed.
3) Coat a baking dish (mine is 9×13 and about 1 inch deep) with cooking spray; pour in batter.
4) Bake for 20 minutes; fork check to test doneness. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts when divided into 8 servings: 295 kcals, 13.6 g fat (1.8g saturated, 2.4g polyunsaturated, 1.7g monounsaturated), 100g sodium, 36g carbs, 7g fiber, 14g sugar, 10g protein
I tried a piece immediately, obviously, and the bread is chewy and moist with great flavor. I’m happy to have this on hand to enjoy the rest of the week! Matt and I both had some for breakfast this morning – his with coffee, mine with Greek yogurt!
What’s your go-to breakfast recipe as of late? I’m also still obsessed with my High Protein & Flour Free Breakfast Pancake!
p.s. Thank you so much for all the kind words on yesterday’s announcement about my new nutrition counseling private practice! Your support means a lot to me and I’m thrilled to finally be done with school and internships and hitting the ground running. I’ll be sure to keep you guys updated on how things are going!
This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze.