I have a delicious new recipe for you guys today! Behold — Curried Barley Chickpea Salad — and it’s vegan, too!
I was in the mood for something light and summery but flavorful last night. This fit the bill perfectly!
Vegan Curried Barley Chickpea Salad
Makes 3 to 4 servings
- 1 C uncooked barley
- 1 15oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 C nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 C lemon juice (yield from 1 large or 2 small lemons)
- 1/4 C water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon (makes this dish!)
- Salt & pepper to taste
1) Cook barley in water according to package instructions. Set aside.
2) Combine rest of ingredients in a deep pan; sautÃ© together on medium high for about 5 minutes.
3) Pour chickpea mixture over cooked barley, stir and serve! Enjoy :)
Side note — if you don’t have a garlic press, I’d really recommend getting one. Best purchase ever. Here’s a link to the garlic press I own!
I enjoyed the curried barley chickpeas for dinner last night with a simple arugula and tomato salad. So refreshing!
Pretty much the perfect dinner for a hot summer day.
I’m off to my internship — we have another “From Garden to Pantry” event today and my co-intern Diana and I will be helping to teach this time! Should be fun :)
Have a good one! And thank you for all your feedback on the new header options! I’m debating… :)