This simple and quick Lemony Spinach Quinoa Bean Salad comes together in no time and makes a great packed lunch to bring to work or side dish alongside meat or fish.
Before hiking yesterday with Matt, I whipped up this delicious salad for us to eat for lunch on the trail. It was so good and so quick and simple to make I decided I just HAD to share the recipe :)
Lemony Spinach Quinoa Bean Salad
- 1/2 C uncooked quinoa, prepared as directed on package
- 1/4 C fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 C olive oil
- 1 C kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/8 C crumbled feta cheese (duh)
- 2 C fresh baby spinach, steamed in microwave
- Garlic powder, ground coriander, and salt and pepper to taste
1) Cook quinoa as directed on package (will take about 15 minutes).
2) While you’re waiting, toss the spinach in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute to steam it.
3) Once the quinoa is cooked, transfer to a bowl and add all the other ingredients to it! Just stir and enjoy — serve warm or cold, both are delicious :)
And don’t forget the seasonings to taste — they make this dish!