This recipe is light but very flavorful. I love the chew from the barley!
Vegan Curried Barley Chickpea Salad (vegan)
Makes 3 to 4 servings
- 1 C uncooked barley
- 1 15oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 C nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 C lemon juice (yield from 1 large or 2 small lemons)
- 1/4 C water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon (makes this dish!)
- Salt & pepper to taste
1) Cook barley in water according to package instructions. Set aside.
2) Combine rest of ingredients in a deep pan; sautÃ© together on medium high for about 5 minutes.
3) Pour chickpea mixture over cooked barley, stir and serve! Enjoy
Check out the original post with lots more photos/commentary: vegan Curried Barley Chickpea Salad.