This Curried Barley Chickpea Salad is easy to put together and makes great leftovers for lunch for the week! It’s super flavorful, and the chew from barley makes it so satisfying.
Vegan Curried Barley Chickpea Salad (vegan)
Makes 3 to 4 servings
- 1 C uncooked barley
- 1 15oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 C nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 C lemon juice (yield from 1 large or 2 small lemons)
- 1/4 C water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon (makes this dish!)
- Salt & pepper to taste
1) Cook barley in water according to package instructions. Set aside.
2) Combine rest of ingredients in a deep pan; saute together on medium high for about 5 minutes.
If you liked this recipe, check out some of my other favorite grain salad recipes, too!
- Barley and Brown Rice Herbed Salad
- “Cheesy” Vegan Mushroom Quinoa
- Lemony Spinach Quinoa Bean Salad
- Spiced Raisin and Pine Nut Barley Salad