This vegan Easy Lentil Veggie Burgers recipe is one of the best veggie burgers recipes I’ve found. The burgers are packed with fiber, protein, and flavor; enjoy on top of greens with salsa or in a bun or pita with baby spinach, avocado, and hot sauce.
Easy Lentil Veggie Burgers (vegan)
Makes 6 burgers
- 1/2 cup dried green lentils
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 5 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (I used 90 second rice)
- Cooking spray to grease baking sheet
Preheat oven to 375.
1) Cook lentils (and brown rice, if not using 90 second rice like I did — cook about 1/2 cup dry to get 1 cup cooked) according to package directions.
2) While the lentils are cooking, add garbanzo beans, garlic, mushrooms, and olive oil to food processor and process 30 seconds until somewhat uniform. Remove mixture and put in a large bowl.
3) Add cooked and drained lentils and all other ingredients to the bowl. Mix and mash until contents are evenly spread out.
4) Form mixture into 6 patties and place on greased or sprayed cooking sheet.
5) Bake 20 minutes, flipping once half way through.