If you haven’t tried sweet potatoes seasoned with cumin yet, you are missing out! These baked seasoned sweet potato fries are flavorful, so easy, and a perfect healthy side dish for just about any meal.
Sweet potato fries are a great, healthy substitute for when you’re craving regular fries. And they’re just as tasty! They go great with burgers (chicken, salmon, beef, etc.), chicken tenders, sandwiches… the possibilities are endless.
The best part: this recipe is super simple (just a couple ingredients), and is mostly hands-off.
Sweet Potato Fry Seasoning
This recipe is a no-recipe recipe; it’s so easy that no measurement is necessary!
Besides the sweet potatoes, all you need is olive oil, black pepper, and cumin.
How to Make Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees F, then toss your sliced sweet potatoes with a hefty drizzle of olive oil and few shakes of ground cumin and black pepper. (Make sure you cut your sweet potatoes small enough that they bake through, around 1/2 inch per piece).
Place in a baking tray, spreading them out so they are evenly spaced.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until sufficiently tender and browned.
Enjoy these seasoned sweet potato fries with your favorite dipping sauce! I’m partial to ketchup, but salsa would be fun here to continue the Mexican theme.
Love sweet potatoes? Here are some of my favorite sweet potato breakfast recipes!
You’ll find the full seasoned sweet potato fries recipe at the end of this post. I hope you love them as much as we do!
If you try the recipe, please let me know how you like it by commenting on this post or by tagging me @fANNEtasticfood on social media!
If you like this recipe, try some of my other super easy side dishes, too:
- Garlic Herb Roasted Veggies
- Maple Cinnamon Roasted Veggies
- Spiced Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Black Beans
- Vegan Cranberry Quinoa Salad
- How to Cook a Sweet Potato in the Microwave
- 1 sweet potato
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Cracked pepper
- Ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Slice sweet potato into fry shapes. Place on baking tray and sprinkle with a drizzle of olive oil and as much cracked pepper and cumin as you'd like (I'd recommend a few shakes each). Stir and arrange so they are evenly spaced.
- Bake 20 to 25 mins, or until soft and starting to brown/crisp up.
- Enjoy with the dipping sauce of your choice - let me know your favorites!