This recipe is very yummy and healthy (and quick)! This would be a great lunch to make the night before and bring to work in a tupperware.
(makes one serving)
- 2 C kale greens (washed & trimmed into bite size pieces)
- 1/2 C chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 1/4 C feta cheese
- Half a tomato, chopped
- 1/3 of a cucumber, chopped
- 1/3 of a green pepper, chopped
- Juice from 1 whole lemon
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 an avocado, sliced (optional)
- Salt & cracked pepper to taste
Throw the kale, chickpeas, feta, tomato, cucumber, and green pepper into a large bowl.
Drizzle on the olive oil, sprinkle on salt and cracked pepper to taste, and squeeze the juice of one whole lemon on top…
Then, roll up your sleeves and dig in to mix it all together with your (lovely and washed) hands! You want to make sure the kale gets fully “massaged” by the olive oil and lemon juice to take out any bitterness in its taste. (If you don’t have lemon and olive oil on hand, you can also just use a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.)
Once it’s suitably mixed, dig in and enjoy! :)