I know I just shared my best healthy Thanksgiving recipes (<—check out that post if you missed it) earlier this week – but here’s one more to add to the mix. Introducing a vegan Kale Artichoke Dip – rich, creamy, and savory, but without being heavy or a total dairy bomb. This recipe is this month’s McCormick partnership creation (last month’s: Creamy Mexican Chicken Chili Soup), and it would be perfect as an appetizer at Thanksgiving or your next holiday party!
Even better is that this dip can be served hot or cold, so it’s a great one to bring with you to a potluck. It travels quite nicely!
How is this creamy without cheese or mayo? Avocado and some white beans do the trick quite nicely, and the McCormick spices amp up the flavor. You won’t miss the cheese, I promise.
To make this recipe, you’ll need a food processor and a stovetop. Heating the whole dish in the oven once it’s all put together is optional, and can be done just before serving.
Step one: food processor! Combine the avocado, beans, and seasonings and whirl away.
Step 2: sauté the onion, artichokes, and kale until softened, then add the avocado/bean/spice mixture to the pan.
You can transfer it to a dish and serve immediately as is, or store it in the fridge for later and serve chilled. Or, to serve it hot at a later time, simply put it in an oven safe dish, drizzle with a little olive oil and nutritional yeast (adds a vegan cheesy flavor), and bake at 375 until heated through and slightly browned on top – roughly 20 minutes.
Enjoy! The full recipe is below. 🙂
If you missed my previous McCormick posts, check those out, too:
- Creamy Mexican Chicken Chili Soup <— crowd favorite recently!
- Creamy Vegan Salad Dressing Recipe
- Sweet Potato Hash with Poached Eggs <—awesome brunch
- Vegan & Gluten Free Shepherd’s Pie
- Healthy Tuna Noodle Casserole <— get your 90’s on
- Spiced Baked Apple Chips Recipe <— perfect for fall!
- How to Add Flavor to Meals Without Salt or Sugar
- Lemon & Herb Fish Recipe
- Mexican Shrimp Salad Bowl
- Braised Chicken with Dried Plums, Olives & Capers <—LOVE
- How to Pickle Cucumbers Quickly at Home
- Gluten-Free Grilled Taco Wings