There’s nothing better than a cool, refreshing snack on a warm summer’s day, and this avocado strawberry toast with balsamic glaze really hits the spot!
With juicy strawberries, smooth and creamy avocado, tangy balsamic glaze, and toasty bread, this is the ultimate healthy treat.
It only takes a few minutes to whip up, and it makes a great breakfast or snack. Plus, you only need a handful of ingredients!
Avocado Breakfast Toast with Strawberries
Quick and easy food does not have to mean boring!
This toast packs a ton of flavor: richness from the avocado, sweetness from the strawberries, and tanginess from the balsamic vinegar. It’s a blissful combination.
Plus, it doesn’t require any cooking (other than toasting the bread), so it’s perfect for hot, sunny days! Just kick back, relax, and enjoy. 🙂
I love eating strawberries in the spring and summer, too. They’re much more delicious when they’re in season. And combining it with one of my favorite snacks – avocado toast – just makes my heart (and taste buds) happy!
It’s packed with nutrients, too: avocado provides healthy fats, potassium, and fiber, while strawberries add a boost of antioxidants and vitamins.
Strawberry Balsamic Toast Ingredients
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s super simple! Here’s what you’ll need:
- avocado (Try to use an avocado that’s just reached their peak ripeness. If you give it a squeeze, there should just be the slightest bit of softness. If it’s too firm, it’ll be tough to mash. And if it’s too soft, that means it’s overripe and the flavor won’t be the same.)
- sliced bread (I like using whole wheat bread made with lots of seeds for great texture, but you can use whatever you have on hand!)
- balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
That’s it! Just 4 or 5 ingredients for a delicious and satisfying snack.
Feel free to experiment by sprinkling chia seeds, fresh basil, goat cheese, lemon juice/zest, or chopped nuts on top!
Looking for a savory toast idea? Try this smashed avocado toast with goat cheese!
How to Make Avocado Strawberry Toast
To make this, start by toasting a piece of bread.
Next, mash up the avocado with a dash of salt and pepper in a small bowl. (If you’re adding lemon juice, add it in this step – this is a good addition to keep the mashed avocado from browning immediately, but will also add a little extra tart flavor, too.)
Then, spread the mashed avocado over the toast.
In the same bowl you used before, toss sliced strawberries with balsamic vinegar. Pour over the avocado toast and spread until evenly distributed.
Sprinkle on any desired toppings, then dig in!
You’ll find the full avocado strawberry toast recipe at the bottom of this post. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to check out my other avocado toast recipes or these whipped ricotta toast recipes! What’s your favorite avocado toast flavor combination?
Looking for more strawberry recipes? Check these out:
- Grilled Steak and Strawberry Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Healthy Rhubarb Strawberry Bread
- Strawberry and Fennel Barley Salad
- Vegan Strawberry Scones
Avocado Strawberry Toast with Balsamic Glaze
This strawberry balsamic avocado toast is a refreshing, flavorful, and healthy treat! Makes a great quick breakfast or snack.
- 1 small ripe avocado (or half a large ripe avocado)
- 1 slice of bread
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Toast bread. At the same time, mash avocado with a pinch of salt & pepper in a small bowl.
- Spread mashed avocado over toast.
- Using the same bowl, toss sliced strawberries with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Pour over avocado toast and spread evenly to distribute. Enjoy!